• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

gum

1. S

It’s going to be bad, struggling to cope

Hi, I have a dentist and hygienist appointment booked for the 6th September. I’m petrified that they are going to say that my teeth will have to be taken out. Do I have to walk around toothless if that’s the case?! After years of not looking after my teeth and gums, I’m finally ready to put a...
  2. V

Overhang filling causing chronic gum pain

I have an overhang composite filling between my upper molar and second crowned premolar (recent xray composite) I'm flossing it 3 times a day because food gets stuck there and my gum hurts a lot without bleeding. The gum has a black spot and some recession. I'm depressed looking at this mess ...
  3. A

Below the gum cavity, I'm a bit scared

Ok so I've had an issue with alcoholism for a while(since i was 15, been living alone) and you can see how that might affect my brushing. I would go long periods of time without touching a toothbrush. I've tried for a long time to get a healthy brushing habit but didn't get to it until recently...
  4. M

Haven’t been to the dentist in 8 years

Hi guys... I guess I should start with stating three simple facts: 1. I am a hypochondriac 2. I haven’t been to the dentist in 8/9 years 3. I cry just thinking about going to the dentist before I start listing all that is wrong with my teeth, I guess I just say that I already made an...
  5. S

Gum slightly hanging off?

I've been having a weird thing going on with my gums, and I'm not exactly sure if it's a real problem or not. The bottom flap of my gum that's right in between the bottom front teeth is slightly hanging off. It doesn't hurt and isn't swollen, and isn't present anywhere else. Does anyone have...
  6. C

Blood clot on one tooth after deep cleaning

Hi, I had a deep cleaning on my teeth yesterday. Today after seeing some bleeding in one tooth couple of hours after flosing and brushing, I found a kinda big blog clot covering the top of the tooth in between the gums. I'm kinda worried, I removed the first blog clot and rinsed my mouth with...
  7. O

Gum Still Swollen After Antibiotics

Okay so I've never looked after my teeth, never really been to the dentist either due to a childhood fear. As such I have three teeth that need to be taken out and several fillings that need sorting. I went to the dentist earlier this week due to some swelling and pain, and was prescribed...
  8. A

Broken tooth issues

I have this tooth that had decayed a while ago, and a part of it broke off. Initially it used to hurt but now the pain is gone. There's this tiny flap of gum that keeps growing through the hole and it continuously drains blood. Like it bleeds every time i poke it.Is this dangerous and can I put...
  9. P

Healing time urgent

Hi, I have recently had to under go a full physical exam and extensive dental work in order to keep my job, as my work requires it, plus i was in pain with infected teeth etc. So I was almost there, just had a second troublesome tooth removed, 1st lower incisor. It didn't go as planned, i heard...
  10. L

Just found out i have serious gum disease, terrified about loose teeth and pain and treatment!! HELP

Hi everyone, my name is Lu, I'm 28 years old and suffering from severe gum disease. I just found out how bad it is since I started going to a new dentist. The previous one, who put an implant in my mouth in may this year, said, when I asked her about the pain in my front teeth and gums, that it...
  11. K

Root canal and gum surgery SUCCESSSSSS

Some of you may have been following my post about my worries of conscious sedation. Well, I was so afraid that the sedation would limit me from being able to tell the dentists when I was uncomfortable. Basically, I don't like losing control in the dentist's chair. I had a bad experience with my...
  12. C

Is this normal?!

Hello, Should I go to the dentist for this? If I move my upper lips around or run my tongue over it it feels tender. I don't know if this is related but about a week ago I banged my top gum with my toothbrush. Also, I am a smoker, I don't know if it might be an infection because of that? I...
  13. K

Will 4mm gum pockets reverse?

I had always gone to the dentist as a child all the way until I was 18. From 18 to 28 (I'm 28 now) I've only had a handful of cleanings. :cry: I would brush and floss really well since that's all I could do. I didn't have any insurance. I finally have dental insurance and the first place I...
  14. A

I'm new and I am really scared... support/advice/ about my problem would be gratefully received!

I'm new and I am really scared... support/advice/ about my problem would be gratefully received! Hello.After years of doing nothing I stumbled across this forum on a search engine - I'm glad you all exist!I would be massively grateful for your help, advice and, perhaps, support...I'm anony...
  15. S

Lump/ Bump On Gum

Suddenly appeared 20 mins ago a small lump half pea sized has white inside tat i can see not sore not leaking , Lump is tongue side on lower gum under tooth near front help !
  16. R

Sensitive gum around a wisdom tooth and occasional pain, why?

i noticed lately that my gum is sensitive around the wisdom tooth on the lower left jaw. Since i got 2 molars repaired on the lower right jaw, i brush regularly, and sometimes a little bit hard i think, i wonder if hard brushing can make the gum more sensitive temporarily. The dentist assistant...
  17. M

Piece of flesh dangling from gum

I have a piece of flesh hanging off my gum it dangles sometimes but it sits in a recess in my gum where a tooth ussed to be (lost tooth years ago) I have swollen gums and they bleed a lot when I brush I am so scared that it is mouth cancer but I am petrified of the dentist :shame:
  18. L

Wisdom tooth removal lower left at nhs hospital in London

I need some advice and just joined this site. my dentist referred me to hospital to have my lower left wisdom tooth removed, its compacted or impacted, not sure of word and has not come through at all, but causing pain from my gum to my ear, but its not constant pain, some times like a poking...
Back