• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

sensitive

1. K

Is this temporary crown pain normal?

Hi everyone, This is my first time posting here and I'm SO glad I discovered this forum. Some background: I'm a 29yr old female and I grew up having braces and definitely was not as vigilant as I should have been with flossing and brushing. Most of my teeth have been worked on in some way with...
  2. L

HELP: Sensitivity to chewing after a composite filling

Hello, I desperately need advice, so please read the entire post because the background of the situation is very important. I've recently re-developed my fear of the dentist. I was fearful of the dentist for the first 13 years of my life (panic attacks, crying, etc.), but I was able to overcome...
  3. pinyonjay2

Large filling still sensitive to cold

Hello, I do plan to see the dentist again, but not sure how long I should wait so until then, going to ask here. I had two amalgams removed / replaced and a cavity filled. One amalgam was a lot larger than the other and was simply broken, not having any apparent decay. (Although I don't know...
  4. L

Post root-canal; throbbing sensitivity and sharp pains?

Hello there and thanks to all in advance for any help, A month ago I went to my dentist with on-off pain in my top left molars. Nothing showed up on X-rays but he took out an old filling and said there was a tiny bit of decay between the two teeth with one being worse. Over Christmas the whole...
  5. U

Still cold sensitive 7 weeks after amalgam fillings..

Hi.. 6 1/2 weeks ago I got 3 amalgam fillings done. I had the bite taken down a week later because I couldn't eat anything without pain. I still had a lot of cold sensitivity so I went in 4 days ago and had the bite adjusted again. The teeth are still cold sensitive. there is no hot sensitivity...
  6. S

Tartar cleaning and sensitve pain

So i have finally booked in with the dentist again after about 6 years, my teeth were fine but they cleaned behind my bottom front teeth as this is my main problem area for tartar, but ofcourse it came back and it is my main worry atm. I finally got round to booking an appointment again so i...
  7. U

Root Canal Treatment?

Hi, i have just has root canal treatment on Wednesday 12th June 2013. I had an abscess. Its the 5th tooth upper right. I am very scared of the Dentist and especially the drill. I was just wondering if everything happening now is normal as i havnt had a root canal before. There was a lump above...
  8. R

Sensitive tooth even after 2 months of filling

Hi, I got a molar tooth filled for a large cavity about two months ago. During the filling, it went mostly fine expect that at one instance I felt a sharp shooting pain run through it. It disappeared though very quickly. For the subsequent two weeks, I had no pain in that tooth. After that...
  9. R

Tooth next to extraction site hurt a bit.

Ok since i got my wisdom teeth out, i noticed yesterday when i push my teeth together that my tooth on my lower right hurt a little. Now i need to have it repaired, but the dentist said it's a small cavity right now, and it can wait a few months before i can come back for it. I got an...
  10. R

Sensitive gum around a wisdom tooth and occasional pain, why?

i noticed lately that my gum is sensitive around the wisdom tooth on the lower left jaw. Since i got 2 molars repaired on the lower right jaw, i brush regularly, and sometimes a little bit hard i think, i wonder if hard brushing can make the gum more sensitive temporarily. The dentist assistant...
  11. P

Intermediate Clicking Sensation in New Crown in Tooth 10

In Oct. 2011 my dentist suggested that I get a crown in this #10 (upper and next to a front) tooth. The tooth was nearly half dental filling. I was having no problems with the tooth, but I agreed to the procedure. He drilled down the tooth and put on a temporary crown. Although there was a...
  12. L

Sensitive Teeth After Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Hi, I had both my bottom wisdom teeth removed on the 25th November and my top right wisdom tooth removed as well as an extra tooth growing out the side on the top right at the same time. The bottom teeth were horizontally aligned on the jaw bone, and the top ones were growing at angles...
  13. M

filling still sensitive after month

I had four fillings done about a month ago and the only one that has been hurting is one of my bottom molars. It was not sensitive the first few weeks but now all the sudden this week it has been very sensitive to hot and cold and even now when im not drinking anything is still throbbing... is...
Back