• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

dry socket

1. M

Pain in tooth next to extraction

I had my first molar extracted exactly 10 days ago. This tooth and the tooth behind it (second molar) were root canalled. Since the extraction the second molar has been in a lot of pain! Is this just due to trauma in the area? It was a very difficult extraction and ended up needing to be...
  2. S

Molar extraction clove packing falling out - HELP

Hi, I had my second right lower molar removed on Friday (it’s now Tuesday) and rather than letting a clot form the dentist packed it with clove dressing. It was a tricky extraction that took an hour and lots of pain so think it may have stopped bleeding by the time they finished. Now it has...
  3. C

So close to cancelling my wisdom tooth extractions

I am booked to have my two upper wisdom teeth removed this evening and I want nothing more than to cancel the appointment. I suffer with severe anxiety as it is, and this appointment has made it unbearable. I have not slept in 4 days and have had several anxiety attacks at work due to it. It is...
  4. B

Extraction problems both times.

Hi, I’m 26 and I went to the dentist maybe once in my life before this year. My mom had a horrible fear and thus I kinda took it on myself. Anyway, last summer I had such a bad tooth infection that I forced myself in. I was on anti biotics and pain meds for a week to try to clear it before the...
Back