• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

filling

1. S

Terrified of upcoming filling

First time here, hopefully this will help! I have my first ever filling coming up and I’m freaking out. For the procedure itself, but also the numbing. Is it possible to have a filling done without it? It’s a shallow cavity still just in the enamel. I’m not afraid of the needle - no issues with...
  2. M

How long does a deep cavity filling take ?

Excluding the wait for numbing , how long does the process take ? I’m terrified I have to sit there for too long and have a panic attack ):
  3. brennuhhh

going after 14 years

this may be pretty long. i haven’t been to the dentist since i was 9. im 23 now and obviously i have some issues but recently i had tooth pain for days that drove me to make an emergency appt. i went to the appointment and had to get two teeth pulled (top and bottom right molars), which was...
  4. conqueringfears

Filling & Crown tomorrow - ANXIOUS MESS :(

Hello all! I am 6 days post root canal treatment and tomorrow I go in for my crown. My anxiety has been okay this week up until yesterday. My root canal last week was the first time I have had any dental work or medical procedure in 7 years. I know what to expect in some senses, but I am...
  5. conqueringfears

Checking off my fears.

Oh hello my dear support community. I have to start this off by saying how much I appreciate the cheering on and advice that has been given to me. I have been in the dental chair two times in the last month for exams and treatment plans. These two times have been the first time I have been in...
  6. G

Issues since a filling in December!

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. This is my second post here and I just wanted to get some advice from you. Before December I hadn’t been to the dentist in almost 4 years due to moving countries/couldn’t afford it/dental fear! Timeline: December 23, 2021: filling in top right 2nd molar...
  7. L

HELP: Sensitivity to chewing after a composite filling

Hello, I desperately need advice, so please read the entire post because the background of the situation is very important. I've recently re-developed my fear of the dentist. I was fearful of the dentist for the first 13 years of my life (panic attacks, crying, etc.), but I was able to overcome...
  8. W

Bone loss in jaw and teeth at 29y.o.? Never-ending issues.

I'm feeling completely hopeless at this point. I have suffered from dental phobia for about 6-7 years, and due to that my teeth and gums were in quite a bad shape. I had a deep cleaning and root planning done in January this year and it was an extremely traumatic experience, cause the doctor did...
  9. K

Bridge question re anchor tooth with a cavity

Hi- I had an extraction last year and I am now considering a bridge. One of the anchor teeth on either side of the gap has a large cavity in it. I was wondering if I can get it filled and then have the bridge done later this year after I've saved up for it. I don't want the cavity to get worse...
  10. S

How do I know if I need a root canal?

I have severe sensory issues and anxiety which makes going to the dentist a rather exhausting ordeal, hence I avoided going for almost 10 years. The last time I went I had a filling done that couldn't get numb properly and it's left me with a phobia of painful dental treatment. I recently went...
  11. V

Overhang filling causing chronic gum pain

I have an overhang composite filling between my upper molar and second crowned premolar (recent xray composite) I'm flossing it 3 times a day because food gets stuck there and my gum hurts a lot without bleeding. The gum has a black spot and some recession. I'm depressed looking at this mess ...
  12. P

Please help, after deep filling for months, bruised?

Hi! I am new here and already feel like I belong here :rolleyes: I have a tremendous fear of anything related to dentists. (on top of my health/dental anxiety, non-existent pain tolerance and regular depression?) I've had a filling which I was told was very deep and could be sensitive for a few...
  13. M

Piece of filling fell off

Hi, hey, hello! It’s me... again. Today I had my first ever dental cleaning. It went well, I had little to no pain and all my coffee stains were successfully removed! However, a few minutes ago I ran my tongue over my back tooth and I noticed it felt sharp for a bit and then smooth again...
  14. J

Air emphysema.....?

Hi all, I’m new here and looking for some support/advice. I went to the dentist about a week ago with a cavity in my upper tooth right near where the wisdom tooth is. The dentist gave me a filling and right after finishing the procedure my cheek started tingling, prickling and then stabbing. I...
  15. J

Dental Filling next Monday

Hello I am getting my first ever filling done next Monday and I am bricking it. I went to the dentist for the first time in years 7 years 4 months ago (I am 22 years old) and I was shaking like a leaf ! my dentist was surprised and said that my teeth are actually quite good considering I...
  16. R

Filling coming up

Hi guys I’ve got a filling and decal surgery coming up and I have a huge phobia of dentists so what can I do to overcome this
  17. H

First Visit

I had my first visit to the dentist today in 7 years. I was so nervous for days I couldn’t sleep and my tummy was in knots . I made the phone call following an illness which left me with pain in my jaw and mouth which the doctor could not explain, I cried just from the fear of knowing I had made...
  18. N

Pain after filling

Hi all. I have a long history of dental procedures, unfortunately alot of them are starting to need to be re-done, so I've started the (extremely anxiety filled) journey to get things rectified. I had developed tooth sensitivity to cold (and a little bit to hot) in an upper molar. This last...
  19. C

Pain after filling

In January, I had a filling done on the front of a premolar. The filling was fine until one day I was eating something chewy and got pain in that tooth. So, I went to get a second opinion and that dentist told me it wasn’t sealed properly so he suggested a crown. I ended up going to a third...
  20. N

Scared of what the dentist will say

This a first time post for me. I have had dental issues since a kid and have multiple fillings and root canals. I have had two teeth pulled and am sure that i will beed two more taken. Last night i had a filling chip off to the point the surrounding gum is very sensitive. I have been up half the...
Back