• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Problems with immediate dentures

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

louise marriott

Hi all,

I have had a denture put in today straight after extraction and it feels really big. Here are a list of my problems:

Gap between the roof of my mouth and the partial denture.

Edges of the denture are half way down my teeth so every time I bite it pushes my front teeth and they are crowns so it has now made one wobbly.

I cannot chew anything as the gap between my back chewing teeth is too big so nothing is getting chewed. Dentist said I have a number 2 bite what ever that means. I do have an under bite think thats what its called.

Its quite distressing as i had a weekend sorted and now i really can't go as i cannot eat :(:cry:

Re: Problems with immediate dentures

I always tell patients that the only time they'll be really pleased to see me is right after getting an immediate denture fitted. They always need adjustment and the poor patient always has a bit of a nightmare for the first few days.

It sounds like a cliche, but give it some time, go back to your dentist asap and things will be a lot better quite quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.