• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken lower molar extraction today!

L

LiamBrann

Hi, for years I had a big fear of the dentist and I didn't go. However i'm slowly overcoming my fear. (I've now had a few fillings) but today i have an extraction of a broken lower first molar. It's broken to the gumline with some gum grown over it. Just wonder if anyone has had something similar and if the extraction was easy and ok. Im worried sick! Thanks

Hi, for years I had a big fear of the dentist and I didn't go. However i'm slowly overcoming my fear. (I've now had a few fillings) but today i have an extraction of a broken lower first molar. It's broken to the gumline with some gum grown over it. Just wonder if anyone has had something similar and if the extraction was easy and ok. Im worried sick! Thanks

I also have a broken lower molar. It was a crowned tooth, but there was decay under the crown, and so one night I was eating french fries, and I ended up spitting my tooth out. The tooth cannot be saved and it needs to be extracted, but I've not had it done yet because I am really afraid.

I hope your appointment goes well- I wish I could offer you advice or some experience but I DO wish you good luck!:clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover: Please update us later and let us know how you are doing.

I have the exact same thing in my left side lower front molar. I’ve not been to the dentist yet – next Friday, yikes! – but imagine that they will just extract the remaining parts of the tooth and allow the gum to heal properly. Will be interested to see how you get on. Good luck though – I'm sure it will be fine.
:)

Thanks! Yeah i will report back later with how it went. My appointment is at 3:30 UK time.

Hi Liam and welcome

Just as I am typing this, you will be in the dentists, so I hope all goes well for you.

Let us know.

Take care.

Kim

All done! Was so much easier than I expected. It was all over in like 2 mins! There wasn't no gum cutting or anything, just a bit of pressure and bingo! It was over in no time.

Well done - as I understand it, it is sometimes easier to extract a tooth when it is broken at the gum line. Give yourself a pat on the back :)

So glad to hear it went well for you!!!!:jump:

Thanks for reporting back, it’s put my mind a little more at ease! Glad it went so well!

:jump:was worried for you too. glad it went well.

Back