• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

New Dental Technology Ultrasound Diagnostic for dentistry S-Ray

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
I realize that many phobic patients hate conventional impressions with cotton and retraction cords and their foul tastes. Many of you hate being probed for diagnosis of periodontal disease. Also it seems that ultrasound can be used to help detect cracked teeth and diagnose cracked tooth syndrome. Personally I have had a cracked tooth twice.
It can also be used to detect tooth decay similar to traditional x-rays. Obviously this is radiation free.
The name of the USA company is S-Ray. It isn't available yet but as I understand it is far along in it's development.

man I wish this was out already...

I happen to know that they recently have made significant progress in their development.

hope it's soon :/

It's great to see advances in dentistry to make diagnosis of these conditions better and safer, Ultrasound is used in other medical fields so I can only see this as a good thing :)

As to S-Ray update. They have been issued a patent for their device which means that they have proved that this technology works.

New update- S-ray
My office will be one of ten sites in the initial USA launch. They still have work to do in order to get government permission to sell the unit. I am very excited about the future with this technology.

Any update on this :)?

Not yet I spoke to the CEO just last week