• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What do other patients say about your dentist

Have you ever asked other patients about your dentist eg what are they like, how careful/ gentle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

Geraint

Have you ever chatted with / asked other patients in the waiting room about your dentist. (what they are like how gentle etc)

I've told my patients to!

I have not chatted to people in the waiting room as I get nervous about going in, even though I been for years, due to some of the dentists I have seen gone private and moved to another pratice etc, my mum has the same dentist as me. I would not ask I tend to look on the dentist website and their photos I can sometimes tell whether the person are the right dentist for me.

I have several people I know who went to my old dentist, and some that were just trying him out but knew I went there. Unfortunately we all sensed a shift in unethical and bad behavior and just becoming less compassionate we all sensed it but didn't want to believe it , when we talked to each other it made alot of sense. Now all of us that have talked have left the practice.

On a good note. My old dentist I used to talk to people who looked fearful how used to be before him and tell them how amazing, caring and cool he was . They looked better at end of appt and smiling.

I'm definitely one to ask if I'm new and conversation arises.

Last week (because I saw our plumber/guy who checks out gas fire once per year) at the dentist last month, he goes to the same pratice as me, he sees the same dentist as me, and he likes her over a few at the pratice, nothing but praise for her

he seen one of the other dentists I have seen and he agrees she is too rough with the cleaning,

Asking other patients? I am at the stage of not being able to talk or even think in the waiting room, trying to melt with a wall and stay unnoticed for as long as possible.. so this sounds impossible..

Back