• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Are your medical fears limited to dentistry?

O

oneby

Just curious if any of you with dental phobia also have more general medical phobias. Do you also fear and put off going to the doctor? Or is your fear limited to the dentist?

I must admit that my dental fears are a relatively recent development and are even mild compared to others I've read about here. And I've never put off going to the dentist. But when it comes to the doctor...that's another story. Just curious how that all is for others.

I've moved the thread as I think it fits better on a discussion board rather than the support board :)

But to answer your question, I hate the doctor with a passion, and generally won't go until the very last minute, which isn't a good thing. But I hate tests, can barely stand even just my blood pressure being taken! I also have a lot of health anxiety and dread hearing "the worst", much the same way I imagine many people here are scared of hearing "the worst" when they go to the dentist!

Good question I fear the dentist and doctors but know how important it is to get problems sorted out, because I have a health condiiton I need to have blood tests done (which means more dreaded needle) I have health anxiety and worry every symptom, ache is the big c, been through a number of tests and scans

Back