• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Ever dream about your teeth falling out?

O

oneby

I've heard it's a common dream actually.

I've had it a few times. I'm sure it was prompted by a bad experience of having had a temporary crown pop off several times.

I definately had it on sevearl occasions and it really scary.. my teeth all crumbled out of my mouth one time it was in the waiting of of a dentist office and they were put back in by the time I left.. in my dream.. its been several time.. its such a panicky feeling and good to wake up and feel all the teeth you had..

I think that losing teeth is quite a common dream/nightmare.

Yes and also I have crazy dreams about dentists, one time I dreamt that the dentist were using the security tags to put on your tongue to check what you eat and drink (and how much you smoke/drink etc)

I been known to have get up during the night if I had a dream like this, to make sure all my teeth I have are still there and no fillings have dropped out.

I had awful dreams the last few nights, that three teeth fell out during the night and woke up to check. last night more nightmares dreams about my teeth, I am due to go to dentist again even though Ibeen for going for years, I get very scared that I will get judge about my teeth the worst she has seen ever.

Constantly. In fact, I think about 70-80% of my dreams involve something traumatic happening to my teeth, such as:

• Falling out
  • Getting chipped
  • Rotting away
  • Crumbling away, meaning actually *falling into pieces* until there's nothing left.
The falling out dream is definitely the most common. At first, I thought the cause of these dreams were because one of my parents used to constantly nag about my teeth and point out imperfections I already knew about. Once I had access to decent bandwidth (this was an era when dial-up existed), I discovered it's actually a very common dream. I'm not sure if those dreams are caused by what I originally thought, or some kind of deep-rooted anxiety caused by something else in my life.

Of course, I get nightmares about the things I worried about most. Teeth is one of them.

I’ve had this type of dream many times. What’s worse is that for me it’s always this terrifying experience, yet onlookers don’t seem to react in any negative way. They’re more concerned with why it is I’m freaking out over it.....in my dreamscape it’s normal I guess. Perhaps I didn’t get the memo. Ick! Ive read that teeth can represent emotions in dreams. Ive no idea how accurate that possibly is, but it does kind of fit with the scenario I’m describjng.

Dreams about teeth falling out are one of the most common nightmares and occur across all cultures. It falls into the same category like dreams being followed by someone / something, falling, being late to something and are one of the dreams everyone has now and then.
Good news: it has nothing to do with the dental fear and has no predictive power about whatsoever:)

Yep.. .they fall out and I put them back in..lol

I have this dream all the time when I am anxious - usually when things at work are getting on top of me. In the dream my teeth have broken and crumbled in my mouth, and I wake up spitting them out.

broken and crumbled .... yes me too in dreams.. it is scary as heck..

This used to happen to me more when I would imagine what was wrong with my teeth but still happens occasionally. Usually teeth are falling out or are broken/gnarly looking.

I had a week of nightmares leading up to my first appointment. They ranged from bad teeth to other common stress dreams like being chased, falling, and being exposed.

broken and crumbled .... yes me too in dreams.. it is scary as heck..

I should have clarified there - I have always had this dream, I don’t believe it’s anything to do with worrying about my teeth!

Back