• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

It's out and I have a question

E

Ellieclarke1989

My tooth is out. Left side at the bottom not a wisdom tooth. I felt no pain during it. I feel no pain now. It's been out for a few hours. It keeps bleeding a little bit. I am trying to look after it. I don't smoke. I had some soup for dinner. I am not going to do anything I shouldn't. I am so happy it's out.

My question is I have two more teeth to take out but my next appointment is June I see a special Dentist can I keep my appointment in June for getting my other teeth out but go to a regular dentist for check up and cleaning

Hi there,

I can't see any reason why you couldn't go to a regular dentist for a check-up and cleaning, if this is not offered by the community dental service in your area as standard. In fact, it's a great idea, because having regular cleanings and care will help prevent problems down the line :).

It sounded as if the last dentist you saw (the one who referred you to the community dental service) wasn't very friendly at all :(! Have you had a chance to ask around friends/acquaintances/colleagues to see if there is a good dentist in your area who comes recommended?

I don't see an issue with that either. Where I live, people have a regular dentist and then they have either an oral surgeon or just a different dentist for wisdom teeth removal.

Back