• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

50 and Wisdom Teeth

M

maddawgzy

Hi I have 2 wisdom teeth top back each side, do they need to come out, at this age would they stay the same?, I'm not having any issues, but I worry one day i will. Do they move at all?, or just stay there in that same position?? I'm surprised to find out i had 2 there, If i opted to get them removed would it feel any different?. Thanks. PPS Since i have such a fear about extractions, Would they give you general anesthetic to remove 2??. id hope so.

Hi maddawgzy, I have just spent about an hour looking for old posts to your question since I could remember a dentist here saying something like 'if they don't cause any problem's, I wouldn't take them out' and I mean the reason was that with higher age the teeth are settled so no danger of the wisdom teeth moving anymore, like it can be the case at 20. Well, I unfortunately haven't find the post and cannot say now if it was just my imagination or the truth, but I haven't found any posts from 50+ people who got their wisdom teeth out and I also anyone above 40 who would have them out without having had any issues with them. I also have found out that 27-28 would be the best age to get them removed.
So it seems that you are save and chances are that you can keep your wisdom teeth forever if they didn't make any problem.

Last edited:
Thankyou Enarte that's what i read also, seems we are both right. Phewwwwwww lol hope they stay put ! bad enough normal teeth out. :scared::scared:

Back