• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Left Molar - Abscess Tooth - So Painful but....

C

Cindy1973

Today I made an appointment to see a dentist as I have a very painful toothache. The dentist had a look and he's very talkative and seems very nice to talk to. He said it has to come out -- it's infected -- I told him ohh I have a needle problem with it. He said it's ok and very understanding of what I feel. He said that he'll use numbing gel so I won't feel the needle. So I said ok -- let's do it without any hesitation -- I didn't feel the needle on the first injection -- the second one it sting a little but not painful so it wasn't so bad.

I waited in the other room for the anaesthetic to kick in -- 10 mins later. Oh, my -- he started yanking the molar out but it was a bit painful because of the infection, so he gave me more injection. 2 mins later -- started yanking again -- ohhhh my the pain of yanking it -- he stops and start which is good that I can take a few seconds and start yanking again. The weird thing is that it's painful but bearable. 2 mins later the worst is over.

Does the extraction hurt because of the abscess?

One thing for sure -- I'm not bothered anymore -- I don't even need diazepam to get through with it.

It's really good and important to find a good dentist that you can trust and patient with you and also knows that I'M A BIG BABY when it comes to seeing the dentist. :jump:

It was probably the infection that didn't let it numb up all the way...

Just wanted to say, awesome job getting it done!!! :jump:

Back