• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Black Spot

S

slahtar

I had my semi-annual check up on 2/13/18. Took x-rays, nothing really wrong. The hygienist found a small soft/sticky area but the dentist sad we would just wait it out because it could be months or years before it turned in to anything - if ever. I was poking around in there yesterday (because I am constantly terrified something terrible is about to erupt) and I found a small black dot on one of my molars - in the proximity of the soft area but I can't be sure its the same area or tooth. Could something have changed that much in just a month? I am constantly running to the dentist for TMJ pain so I am embarrassed to go back again and it be nothing like so many times before. Should I table the embarrassment and go? Or would it be ok to wait it out until my next check up in August?

So, my anxiety wouldn’t let me wait and I went ahead and went to the dentist. It’s just a stain! Whew!!

Back