• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction, implant, and bone graft, absolutely no pain

S

southside420

I had my procedure this morning. I took a Valium before I arrived and met with the surgeon briefly before he began. We chatted a little bit and I told him how I cracked the tooth. We said judging by the x Ray there was no saving it, as expected. I answered a bunch of questions and then the nurses came in. The worst part was the IV insertion as I did it under sedation. I don’t even remember going to sleep, but I woke up and it was over. I just walked to a chair and sat until my mother came in to meet me, they walked me to the car and I went home. I didn’t feel a thing nor have I had pain since even with a screw in my jaw.

The anesthsia is beginning to wear off, but I took ibuprofen a while ago to get ahead of any discomfort. They also game me 5 other medications for swelling, pain and a mouthwash to use. I’m really surprised. I feel like I could have gone back to work today. Not drowsy or anything. Just a giant sense of relief. I’ve each nothing but a milkshake and juice so far but the docto said I could eat normally in 1 to 2 days, and I don’t need to worry about dry socket because the screw is basically a bandaid for the hole.

I had a great surgeon and nurses and am very thankful. Just need to stick with all the meds for the next month and I should be good to go until I get my permanent cap! It isn’t bad at all for those who are afraid. I had good teeth going in though and this was a freak accident, so I was lucky with that too.

Back