• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

If I can do it, you can do it...

F

FeellikeJob

This morning I was sure I was going to die, my tooth was just horrendous, face swollen, starting to go a little bit crazy. I was sure I’d have to go to hospital with septicaemia. I called the ambulance fearing the absolute worst. They sent me to the dentist. I kept telling them I was terrified. That tooth had to go - I didn’t care one iota. I thought they’d want to pull them all out, though.

Good news - it was fine. She was such a lovely, kind, non-judgemental dentist. It took an hour to get the molar out, but it didn’t hurt at all. Mouth all numb and drooly. Tooth gone - antibiotics in.

Thank the Lord for this site. I sat up all night reading everything over and over. Forced myself to act after a bit of a panic attack this morning. It’s all over.

Thought I should add I hadn’t been to a dentist in 15 years, and the abscess had been hurting for six weeks.

Back