• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wisdom teeth removal anxiety

F

FancytheKiller

So, I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed in 2-3 weeks, I'm going in for the consultation tommorow (will tell if it's impacted and whatnot) and I'm just nervous about it, I don't know what it's like to have an iv, what it's going to feel like when I wake up, and the rest of the recovery, any advice or support is well appreciated, thank you!

Fancythekiller,

How did your consultation go? HOpe they were able to answer all questions and put you to ease abit. I just got put out for another procedure not teeth via iv and was scared but everything went super smooth , its crazy one min they are telling you they are going to give you something to relax next thing you are waking up and its done. Keep us up to date on how it goes.. the worst part is thinking about it and the anxiety.

Fancythekiller,

How did your consultation go? HOpe they were able to answer all questions and put you to ease abit. I just got put out for another procedure not teeth via iv and was scared but everything went super smooth , its crazy one min they are telling you they are going to give you something to relax next thing you are waking up and its done. Keep us up to date on how it goes.. the worst part is thinking about it and the anxiety.
The consultation went well,I decided to go with general anesthesia, I'm going in for it at 8:45 am on August 8, he said I'm at minimal risk for any complications, and honestly, I'm not too nervous, just nervous about the iv part, never had one before. Thanks for responding! But yeah, the Iv part

Good luck.. i’m getting mine out Aug. 16. Also getting general anesthesia and I am terrified.

Good luck.. i’m getting mine out Aug. 16. Also getting general anesthesia and I am terrified.

Hey man, just relax about it, I was nervous but the consultation really helped me feel relaxed about this. From what I hear, nothing hurts first day, it's the day after but they give you meds so nothing should hurt, nothing to worry about my friend, hope things go well!

Okay, thank you. Let me know how your appointment goes!

Okay, thank you. Let me know how your appointment goes!

Alright, I just got back from it, it was not bad at all, no pain yet, they put long lasting novacaine in so my face is numb. But it really wasn't bad, I worried for nothing, the iv does not hurt at all. Hope yours goes well!

Look at you! Bravo bravo!

You got this.

There will be some ups and downs, some “moments” to be sure, but nothing to worry about. And definitely don’t believe the hype about about (gasp!) dry sockets!!!!1!

Keep us posted. You got this.

Look at you! Bravo bravo!

You got this.

There will be some ups and downs, some “moments” to be sure, but nothing to worry about. And definitely don’t believe the hype about about (gasp!) dry sockets!!!!1!

Keep us posted. You got this.
For sure, and apparently I got stiches so that lowers the chance of dry sockets or whatever, but I'm just sitting here with this really nice blanket they gave me. Hopefully day 2 will be good

Awesome glad yours turned out fine!!! How did you feel going to sleep or waking up from the anesthesia?? And thanks for the update. Mine is next Thursday the 16th and i’m Still scared. My husband keeps telling me to chill. Haha.

Back