• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentures and Bridges with oral sex (sorry)

T

toothissues5

Hi Guys sorry this is a really embarressing one! my dentist has advised after an emergency vist I have an abcess on my front upper gum from my front tooth, the tooth is quite dark due to an incident several years ago, the dentist has mentioned several avenues to take but I need some advise on Bridges and Dentures, it looks like from most sites that oral sex is out with dentures but does this apply to bridges too?
I am truely sorry to ask but need some advise. Thank you so much.

i am not trying to be funny,but oral sex is out with dentures?Can I have the link to the website that talks about that?

[out-of-date-link removed]

This is just one, others say people should take them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definitely one for ZZZdentist...where are you????

Haaave no dentalfear! Zzzdentist is here! Sorry, I was, ah um, busy researching the subject as with sinus perforations I, ah er um, don't have ah any direct personal experience on the matter at hand or rather at mouth I guess it were. :redface:

By the way, wh why is it always my name that is called out first when these sort of burning questions arise? :rolleyes: Have I perhaps developed some sort of "reputation" as being the authority on these matters? :innocent: I'm certain that my good neighbour, Sir Gordon, suuurely would have more extensive experience on this very subject :whistle: and be able to provide some topical information pertaining to the issue.

I would venture to say, in my limited knowledge of the subject, that either Super Poligrip XXX Strength strips/gel might be in order oooooor just going "au naturale" would be the best bet as the alveolar bone is covered with pleasant gingival ridges which I suppose would be um ah er most acceptable.

Actually from a male standpoint, it prooobably doesn't matter either way as long as it is happening that's good enough for us. Trust me, we're noooot picky! :whistle:

Actually from a male standpoint, it prooobably doesn't matter either way as long as it is happening that's good enough for us. Trust me, we're noooot picky! :whistle:
I knew I could rely upon you..you did not disappoint ;).

Well I'm married, male, and I have full dentures (ie the only teeth in my mouth are the kind I bought from the dentist and they come out easily.)

Here's what I know:

First off, if it's full dentures (uppers and/or lowers) it'll probably be a few weeks before you feel comfortable enough with them to really be ready to "do that" with them in. They're a strange foreign presence in your mouth that take a lot of getting used to. I've had mine just over a month and I'm starting to get comfortable with them to where I can do stuff without thinking of what I need to do with them.

My wife is very happy with the difference in kissing when I don't have my dentures in, but it's not certain how much of that is due to the absence of teeth and how much is just the greater confidence I have because I don't have to worry about her hitting any of the sharp edges I used to have (my natural teeth were badly damaged, many were broken.)

I'll say this: there isn't a strong preference for "teeth in or out" in our bedroom and both work equally well.

If you've got a steady partner they should support you through this. If not, it shouldn't be a major "thing" for most people. If people are hung up on whether or not all your teeth are permanently attached they're a bit too superficial to care what they think anyway (at least in my opinion).

A bridge or partial should be simpler to adapt to in pretty much all respects.

[out-of-date link removed]

This is a first for any dental practice website I've reviewed...bit disappointing for the men out there...flavoured condoms anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for making me smile & for putting my mind at rest regards the bedroom dilemmas..!!!
New to this great site, and after 25 years have taken the step and made an appointment for Tuesday...I am looking at lots of treatment and possibly dentures, which I'm not too concerned about. The thought of being pain free and confident in my home life and work, is the only thing thats giving me the courage to get to that appointment next week.....
Terrified but using lots of distraction methods at the mo...so result one very clean house,...dog's worn out from constant trips out for a walk (every time I think about whats coming up).
But feel better for coming across this very supportive site.:):jump:

Hey, thanks guys for all your advise, it puts my mind at rest thank you.

Very... errr.. Informative thread:cheers:

Say no to drugs? I can do that for you:ROFLMAO:

I knew I could rely upon you..you did not disappoint ;).

Ahhh that's what all the women tell me. :innocent: I aim to please! ;) Satisfaction is my middle name!

Am I the only one that noticed the change to zzz's signature?...:ROFLMAO:

Am I the only one that noticed the change to zzz's signature?...:ROFLMAO:
Yes so I must be the one on drugs :ROFLMAO:...alas not even this one :sleepyjuice: