• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

1 3hr Iv Sedation for Root Canal, Extraction and 3 fillings

T

twilightchinchilla

Hi guys,

I feel very ill right now with worry, and I cannot stop crying. I also have a few mental disorders, so I am feeling suicidal. Foday I had a checkup with a private dentist and cried alot in the chair from fear. I need a root canal, extraction and 3 fillings. I have a few questions about my treatment - can someone please answer?

Is a 3hr IV sedation session safe?

Will I feel pain of the work done?

Is he dentist right in that a root canal takes only one session?

Please help :(

I have had 6 or so rootcanals and i can honestly say that I didnt feel anything. All I had was nitrous and I was numb. You will always hear and read horror stories, but you will be fine. I have never had IV sedation, if it was offerwd and affordable I would do it not because it hurts, just because it would be nice to be 100% relaxed (a mini vacation). I used to use Halcion, it was wonderful, but the dentist I see know charges 300.00 for 3 pills so i will just use my xanax lol..The filliings will not hurt either. Its always much worse in you head then it actually is. Extractions, i am terrified of those NOT because they hurt just because of the thought. I had one several years ago and i was scared to death and it only took a minute but mentally is was horrible, but pain wise I didnt feel a thing.With you being sedated you shpuld be 100% fine, no worries at all.I think here its like 1000.00 to be sedated so If it were more affordable I would do it to have my teeth cleaned lol....You will be fine.

I feel very ill right now with worry, and I cannot stop crying. I also have a few mental disorders, so I am feeling suicidal. Foday I had a checkup with a private dentist and cried alot in the chair from fear. I need a root canal, extraction and 3 fillings. I have a few questions about my treatment - can someone please answer?

Is a 3hr IV sedation session safe?

Will I feel pain of the work done?

Is he dentist right in that a root canal takes only one session?

Please help :([/QUOTE]