• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

1 week after wisdom teeth removal and still feel

M

marshalled

Its has been one week and 3 days since I had two wisdom teeth pulled (both upper), I was not sedated (just numbed) and I still feel pretty bad.

The pain is mostly gone, still a bit tender on one side but it is bearable.

I have had a low fever 99.5-99.8 for a week x feel very lethargic and have a mild headache, ears ringing. I am on clindamycin antibiotics.

I'm starting to freak out a bit and will be calling dentist in the AM to see if he can give me an exam and see what is going on.

In the meantime can anyone shed any light here, give me some peace of mind?

Thanks in advance

Oh yeah been there.

It really helped me to go in after one week. I went in again a week after that, also.

Not a dentist, but it seems like ten days is on the long side of normal to still feel not-great.

Let us know how you do.

I think you should be fine.

Marshalled,

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling better. I hope you can call,or go in just to take a look for some reassurance!

Hi,

A tooth extraction is an effort for the body and mind: the anxiety before, the procedure itself and later recovery and wound healing.
All these take its toll from the body and immune system.
My question is: have you noticed improvement in the last week or does it feel the same?

Hi,

A tooth extraction is an effort for the body and mind: the anxiety before, the procedure itself and later recovery and wound healing.
All these take its toll from the body and immune system.
My question is: have you noticed improvement in the last week or does it feel the same?

Extraction site feels ok, still a little tender but bearable.

Its the low fever and fatigue that have me worried.

Dentist today at 3 to at a minimum rule out something unforeseen going on in there as these symptoms occured right after they were pulled.

Going to go to Dr tomorrow and see what they day if dentist is at a loss.

I was referring also to the general feeling.
One week is rather long and if there is no improvement with your fatigue and I was wondering if you felt any change during that week.

I was referring also to the general feeling.
One week is rather long and if there is no improvement with your fatigue and I was wondering if you felt any change during that week.

Comes and goes, kind of tired today, very tired yesterday, insofar that I took a 3hr nap.

Back