• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

15 teeth extraction bone spur?or tooth ..hurts!

G

gracenyc29

So 2 weeks ago i mustered up enough courage to get 11 teeth extracted on top 4 on bottom 2 of which are wisdom. I have an immediate upper denture placed .
No issues with extraction or denture but past week i noticed on upper gum (not near extraction) but right where denture lays a sore spot that looks and feels like bone.. it hurts so bad when denture is in and looks huge. Is that bone or tooth? I dont have not 1 dollar to go bk to dentist . Will it eventually come out or is it something different.
If it wasnt for that i would be eating normal and pain free..when i touch it i can tap it with nail and its hard.

Thank u for any advice and thank u for this site because it has helped me so much through my dental journey

Hi go back to the dentist it shouldn't cost you anything, filing the denture down to ease the sore spots is all part of the service and they expect you to need to return. You will probably get a couple more sore spots before you are finished.

The bump you feel should make it's way out and if you rub it with a damp flannel it might help it loosen and come away quicker. When you go back to the dentist tell them and they will be able to remove it pain free and quickly.

I hope you feel better soon :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Back