• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

15 years without seeing a dentist what to expect

J

jalapenojack

First of all i'm sorry for my bad english.
i am a 23 years old man, i made an appointment to the dentist for cleaning and radio. I haven't seen a dentist for around 15 years, i have no insurance. I was already a little bit anxious and when i mae the appointment i was quite friendly on the phone and the secretary changed up to be really cold when i said that i's been a really long time sin'ce i've seen a dentist. Last time i've seen adentist i dodn't have any cavities i know it's been a long time, but i think i have the luck of having a good genetic with my teeth, they are looking good (i think) i've never really had any teeth pain exept not long ago when i ate liek 3-4 pound of candy in 3 days after a keto diet :brickwall:. I know it's quite a long and messy text for nothing.
I am really anxious, i've been inspecting my teeth in the mirror for 3 days now with a flashlgiht :redface:. I would like to know what to expect.I have around 2k to invest for now and i's really impossible to go over that for now.
Thanks

Well, 15 years is a long time, but if you brushed and flossed regularly, there shouldn't be too many issues. I went to the dentist this year for the first time in 7 years and I only had ONE cavity! I'm going to get the cavity filled tomorrow, which makes me VERY nervous, but I just want it to be over with. I know that it's scary when you go to the dentist because you feel like they're going to judge you for not coming to the dentist in so long, but it is their job to just treat your teeth and give you hygiene recommendations. Their job is NOT to judge you. If you don't feel comfortable at that dentist, then find a new one. Sometimes people have to look for a while to find a good dentist that they feel comfortable with. Just remember, the more you keep up with your dental visits, the less problems you'll have! :)

Back