• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

18 years old didn’t really brush teeth first 15-16 years

A

Annoymous1298

I barely brushed my teeth the first 16 years I barely brushed them maybe once in a week or less and intill 2 years ago o started brushing daily but I just don’t know if it’s still worth brushing, even after brushing i lost a tooth half a year ago a back one, is there still any point of brushing my teeth still and I haven’t been to a dentist since I was little I just feel my teeth are in a bad shape

188209D5-6A0F-4450-B7F6-9B8FBF1AE12C.jpeg8622B458-FD49-4624-AB30-4FFE0069DCD4.jpeg

I also don’t know what to do about my missing tooth In the bottom right it’s 4th from centre on bottom right

Last edited:
Hi Annonymous1298,

well done on starting to brush daily. It looks like there are a lot of teeth still in your mouth and those still need to be kept clean and healthy. That's when brushing daily comes in place :)
May I ask you what happened to the lost tooth? You mentioned you haven't been to the dentist since you were little. Did the tooth fall out on it's own?

All the best wishes

Hi Annonymous1298,

well done on starting to brush daily. It looks like there are a lot of teeth still in your mouth and those still need to be kept clean and healthy. That's when brushing daily comes in place :)
May I ask you what happened to the lost tooth? You mentioned you haven't been to the dentist since you were little. Did the tooth fall out on it's own?

All the best wishes

I was 17 at the time it was small and had a tiny bit of black on it, i just worry about my teeth and wonder if it's even worth brushing them

i feel a weird taste in my bottom left of my mouth too but i dont know what that could be

Last edited:
Yes, it is worth brushing them. The best combination would be to brush every day and to see a dentist for a check-up about twice a year. They can then tell you whether everything is ok and might help you to alleviate your worries. How does that sound?

Yes, it is worth brushing them. The best combination would be to brush every day and to see a dentist for a check-up about twice a year. They can then tell you whether everything is ok and might help you to alleviate your worries. How does that sound?

I can try get into a dentist I also don’t use mouth wash my entire life I haven’t is this needed

Trying getting into a dentist sounds like a good idea :thumbsup:
Here are two links for you, they might help you to get some orientation about what brushing is for and what is needed to keep your teeth healthy (apart of regular dental check-ups):

Mouth wash is not needed. You can find details in one of the articles.

Trying getting into a dentist sounds like a good idea :thumbsup:
Here are two links for you, they might help you to get some orientation about what brushing is for and what is needed to keep your teeth healthy (apart of regular dental check-ups):

Mouth wash is not needed. You can find details in one of the articles.

i also have a feeling one of my teeth are gonna fall out but it looks fine and it's not wobbling and it doesn't hurt is it just on my mind do you think

i also feel a slight bit of weird taste but i think i got it from brushing my gums to hard

also are my teeth bad i feel like there so yellow even though i brush a lot there still just yellow

Last edited:
the top tooth 2nd furthest on the left feels weird in my mouth it looks fine and isn't wobbly but it feels weird in my mouth i can feel it when i bite the left side of my teeth

Last edited:
Back