• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

1st time lost nerve again

J

jude

Seen at XXX, Watford. Friendly and clean. UNFORTUNTELY administratively inept. 6 weeks after having supposedly been referred to hospital I ( and I repeat 'I') found out via appointments, clinics and finally PCT that there was no referral. At no time did the practice help other than to say they couldnt contact the dentist who made a referral as she also worked elsewhere.
The practice offered for me to see another dentist to have FURTHER XRAYS and exam and be re referred or continue to wait until they could contact the dentist I saw.
Took me 10 years to pluck up courage for this visit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jude (sorry couldn't resist that one ;) ) A really huge :welcome: and so glad you found us.

I am so sorry that this has happened to you. I had a quick look at their web site, and the fact that you are saying they are administratively inept made me wonder if the following which is on their home page is a typo or something new on the market? Copied as it appears.

'Sedation to help Anxious patients - bot Relative Analgesia ("happy air" or magic wind") and intravenous sedation ("injection in the arm")'

I know there is such a thing as a 'magic wand', so it is most probably a typo :)

Are they suggesting that you get further x-rays and exam free of charge, and even if the other dentist works elsewhere, would they not have computer records of your initial exam, and keep your original x-rays on file?

After managing to pluck up the courage to be seen, and then all this to happen is a nightmare for you. What did the original dentist say he/she was referring you for?

If it is of any help, and you are from the Watford area, you are not that far from me, and I go to see Lincoln Hirst in Welwyn Garden City at Beehive Dental Practice - and from personal experience, can tell you that if you could travel there, then you would be in truly good hands, in every which way. It is a little bit of a journey, but I don't mind that one little bit, as I know I will be looked after exceptionally well (private for adults). Check out their website to see what you think, and if you are able and want to, give them a try.

I hope you get something sorted out sooner rather than later.

Kim

Back