• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

2 crown removals

S

sheilablackston

well monday i go for 2 crown removals ive never had this done so im very nervous there porcalin and cermic does anyone no how long it takes to do this and how they do this i dont get sleep sedation id rather be awake but i will be nervous

S

ScaredyCat22

Getting a crown removed feels pretty much like getting the crown prep/ they will numb you first, then they use the drill to cut the crowns off. they can't just pull them because it would pull your teeth. sometimes after they cut a line through they can pop them off, if not they just keep cutting. after they come off they may have to grind some cement off your teeth.

S

sheilablackston

thanks i just spoke to the office since my teeth arent going to be saved they will pull them like normal teeth no cuting just pulling im real nervous now lol

S

ScaredyCat22

Oh I thought you meant just getting the crowns off, like as if you were getting new crowns.
yes to get the teeth extracted is the same as if you didn't have crowns. they won't bother to cut the crowns off first.
I had a crowned, root canaled molar extracted. it was really fast, took less than 2 minutes to get it out. it was the fastest easiest appointment I have ever had, you will be fine :)