• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2 days post extraction

I

Islandersgirl74

After getting all my bottoms extracted and immediate denture put in I’m not doing terrible. I went back the next day and he said my gums were still swollen so he didn’t want to remove them. I go back tomorrow. Speaking has been fine. No issues there at all. Eating is totally different. I’m pretty much mashing everything so I can just swallow it. I’m afraid to bite into anything because it does feel a little loose and I’m afraid it’s going to flip around or food will get stuck under it. Plus, I think I will feel more secure eating with an adhesive. Def not as bad so far as I imagined it would be.

I am so pleased to hear that you are doing ok. Once things settle a little and the swelling goes down you will feel even better. Once I have a bit of adhesive in I can now eat most things. I went to the dentists yesterday and she only had to adjust a tiny bit where the denture was rubbing. I am booked in for a feline where they send the denture back to the lab and make it fit better now my gums have shrunk. This is happening in a month and they are going to see me 1st thing and get the denture back the same day. Let us know how you get on over the next few days.

Haha reline not feline!!!!!

The first big hurdle is out the way. I hope you do well with denture. Do you have further treatment such as implants down the road?

The first big hurdle is out the way. I hope you do well with denture. Do you have further treatment such as implants down the road?

Would love to but I was barely able to afford this!

Back