• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2 Wisdom Teeth removed :)

I

Isabella828

I had 2 Wisdom teeth removed about 3 hours ago. One bottom, one top. I took some Valium a hour before. I decided to have Nitros Oxide as well and let me tell you, it was great. There was no trippyness or dizziness. I felt normal like I was hanging out with friends rather then being at the dentist! We were talking and laughing. I couldnt have cared less about the novacaine shots. There were a few but it didnt hurt at all. they numbed my gums with some gel first. No pain at all.

After hanging out and getting numb for a few min they said they were ready to start so I put my ipod on and closed my eyes. Literally seconds later I was told the top one was out!

Next was the bottom one. It was a little bit harder....a bit more pressure then the top one. No pain at all though. Took about one min total to get out. He stitched that one up, stuffed me with gauze and then put me on oxygen.

That was it! I was done. A total of 1 & 1/2 songs on the ipod. What a great feeling! I have some antibiotics and pain meds and some extra gauze. Going back next wk to get the stitches out.

I know not everyone has such a easy experience but I have to say if you are worrying about this don't. it wont be as bad as you make it out to be. I tortured myself thinking about this for months, googling and searching and reading horror stories along the way. The best thing you can do is have a dentist you trust and can talk to. If you need some extra help (valium) to get you to the chair just ask. I totally suggest Nitros if you are just getting local if it is available It just makes it a little but easier on yourself.

Bottom line: I found this to be easier then getting fillings....I even told my dentist that!

Now onto aftercare :)

congradulations it sounds like it was easy ive been thinking avout when ill be getting my wisdom teeth out and i have been so stressin over it but anyways good job :jump::XXLhug::jump: keep us posted

Back