• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a dental problems forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

20 days after extracting lower right impacted wisdom tooth

H

hana_24

since 20 days ago i've had my wisdom tooth extracted with local
anesthesia dr said it was a very bad wisdom tooth and it was lingual and it made it hard to be extracted ,my​
Cheek got swelling after op and dr said i had an abscess and it's normal i took antibiotics and it getting lower by time
now after 20 days my gum still little swelling and i still have pain on it , he said it's like a bloody pool and he gives me another kind antibiotic called unasyn and he said if it not disappear after antibiotic he'll gonna open it and make it clear

i wanna ask is what happening is normal or i got infection from dr clinic or what im very worried
thnx for help

H

hana_24

im really in need of help is that normal or I've to change my dentist

T

tabatha7

Hana... it may be that you just need a little time for the antibiotic to work. However, having said that, it couldn't hurt to get a second opinion if you are concerned. Be sure and tell them everything and what meds you have been taking. Hope it gets well soon.

H

hana_24

tabatha7..............thnx 4 ur concern
gonna waiting until finishing antibiotic, the main problem that
im suffer from needle phobia and that made me abort this op about 4 years until i found dental clinic using STA that reduce pain of shot
im worry about reopening gum it makes me very nervus , also i doubt all doctors and afraid about their faults

and it's20 days after op i think it's long time to still have gum abscess

T

tabatha7

I understand your fears and concerns. I hope you can get a 2nd opinion from someone else maybe to put your mind at ease. I hope one of the dentist here can give you some advice.