• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

24 teeth getting removed and immediate dentures :(

S

star momma

I just want to know what the steps are in surgery to remove all my teeth and is four days off work enough?

Last edited:
Hello Star Momma,
I'm not sure what the procedure is to remove that many teeth but my husband recently had 7 teeth pulled with just novacaine...He only took one day off of work which was a friday so he had the following Saturday and sunday to relax also. He did fine..He had minimal swelling and pain that was controlled with just ibuprofen...There are several people here who have had 24 teeth out and I'm sure one of them will surely answer your question better than I....:)

I also don't know about the actual procedure, but my dad just had 28 teeth extracted and also got immediate dentures. His extractions took place on a Thursday and he went back to work the following Monday without any problems. He is so happy he had it done and wouldn't change how anything went. He had minimal pain and swelling, but I've heard from other people that days 3-5 are probably the worst (and they usually aren't too bad.) The key is to stay ahead of the pain and keep up on medications and salt water rinses when your dentist tells you to do these.

Everyone says it really isn't as bad as they thought it would be and that the worst part was waiting for the appointment! Remember to rest and let yourself heal! Good luck!

Back