• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

26 years without treatment - My dental journey

She sounds like an amazing hygienist! You should be so incredibly proud of yourself! Even though it's stressful, it's probably good for exposure to have frequent, shorter appointments so you can have many successful visits. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!

Yep, I definitely feel like I'm going to have one heck of an anxiety hangovers. I'm really pleased with how little pain I'm in now that the freezing is gone :)

Waiting to hear from the office, they are going to try to get some extractions done before Christmas, and some fillings. I'm shaky waiting for the email, I don't WANT to do the hard stuff yet, but I'm going to if they can get it covered. The more they can get covered this year, the better for me. I am terrified of the procedure, only because I've not had any work other than the cleaning in 26 years. The cleaning was great though, so hopefully the treatment will be too, as I'll be under nitrous and have my music going. Whewww it always feels better when I get this out of my head.

Oh wow, I'd be nervous too! It's so much so quickly, but I promise it will feel so good to go into Christmas having so much of your dental checklist "checked" off! Let us know what they say!

Two fillings three root canals and six extractions before Christmas. plus the two cleanings I've already got scheduled for the next two weeks. It's going to be an expensive month!! I'm ready though, I don't care at this point that I'm going into debt over this. I need the work done!

You are seriously my hero! It will feel SO good to have it done by Christmas!

Good luck to you. You will feel so much better for it. I am ten days into having 7 extractions done and all is fine so far, having second impressions and a tryout thing this week but so far although nerve-wracking I have had absolutely no regrets. I just hope I get on with the partial !

Well, this morning I go for 2 fillings and an extraction. I'm dyyyyying of nerves, headache, upset stomach. Shaking. I'm not backing out. They are giving me nitrous, I have my comfort objects, I'm going to face this head on. Wish me luck! ♥️

Nerves are ramping up. I know I can do this... I know I can!

Last edited:
This was the beauty I was shown after my first cleaning. The thought before the cleaning that I would need fillings in those 4 front teeth. Turns out, I don't! I'm shocked. Well, time to head to the bus. It's filling and extraction time! ? I'm doing this, and I can't believe I'm going alone!

Attachments

• 16075351487244072546623339374515.jpg
    16075351487244072546623339374515.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 46
Best of luck for today ?!! We're all rooting for you (no pun intended):grouphug:

Thank you. Waiting for my second bus, and I haven't bolted yet, so I think that's a good sign. Thank you so much for the good vibes! This forum saves lives! ??

Eeeek, I'm nervous for you! I hope it goes really well!

I'm out! The extraction and fillings were painless. I cried a little, the nitrous definitely helps a lot. My nose being numb is sure weird! I'm going to be very careful to take good care of this. Time to go back to work ?

Well done ? and congratulations ?!!!!

Thank you so much. I honestly CAN'T believe I'm doing it. I contemplated such dark things, spent so many nights in screaming pain from abscess, to get here, and be taking the bull by the horns. I AM SO PROUD!

Well done MissM250, you every right to feel proud :) The relief is just so immense isn't it ! I cried after my extraction but I think that was the relief and the shock that I had done it.

Yep. This is first of many, but now I'm not scared of getting 5 more pulled next week. They're all broken off at the gum line, so they are much easier than regularl extractions. I don't even have any pain now that most of the freezing is out, and I'm just using Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I'm actually excited to get this moving. The cost is a massive pain, but I'll pay it off somehow! ?

I was amazed after 7 extractions and the numbing had worn off that I had no pain at all, was just a little sore. I took ibuprofen just in case it kicked in but it never did ! When I go for my next lot of extractions I know I will be ok but I will still need the diazepam though just to help me relax beforehand.

Yeah, the nitrous was my friend. I'd have the diazepam if I could, but I don't have anyone to help get me home, so that's out. I'm just so happy, I actually want next week to come so more of this can get out of the way!

Back