• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

26 years without treatment - My dental journey

You are so brave and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story.

You are so brave and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story.
You're so welcome. I had gone to some pretty dark places in my head the worse my teeth got. It's honestly amazing to not have that cloud of shame sitting on my shoulder anymore. If you ever have any questions, that goes for all of you, please ask. Nothing really makes me uncomfortable to talk about it, so please, do let me know.

Amanda Hamilton

Next appointment is the 14th of June. We're working on one of my partials, and another crown for it to hold on to. This should be just about it, the only thing left is the lower partial, and the endodontist appointment. I'm a bit anxious about the endo, as they are not my office, and so likely won't be as caring, and may be "the usual" which I feel may set me back. I'm just trying to work through the feelings, and talk to hubby when the anxiety gets too bad. Will update on or around the 14th :)

How did it go?

Your story is amazing. Hopefully u can help me on my journey ?

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm DONE with the major work. I have one last root canal on Nov 1 with an endodontist, but I have all the rest done. Got my last partial denture yesterday. So, time for a before and after. I have ALL of the photos, but I won't upload them all unless people want me to. This was the biggest of my past traumas that I have ever faced, and I am OVER THE MOON proud of myself for pushing through all of this. Drumroll please......

Attachments

• Hamilton Mandi 006496_30-Nov- 2020_28.jpg
    Hamilton Mandi 006496_30-Nov- 2020_28.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Hamilton Mandi 006496_21-Oct- 2021_50.jpg
    Hamilton Mandi 006496_21-Oct- 2021_50.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 25
Looks great!!! Yay for you for getting it all done! :dance2::welldone:

Back