• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

27 Teeth pulled in one sitting :(

• Thread starter feardoesnotexist
  • Start date
F

feardoesnotexist

This is to share my experience from having 27 teeth all pulled today in one sitting. Im hoping i can help people out by sharing my experience so here goes...

Like many of you, i have had a fear for the dentist since i was young. I had a very traumatic experience when i was 14 years old. i had knocked out my front tooth in a soccer game, and my dentist instead of just giving me a new insert of the front tooth, he thought it would be a good idea to shave down my 6 other front teeth and give me a permanant veneer of my front 6 teeth. It was such a horrible experience. i vowed never to go back.

So over the years i would only visit the dentist strictly for emergencies. i have had countless root canals, posts and crowns, fillings etc. So over the years my teeth basically rotted out because there was really no pain so believe it or not i would much rather have that than to go to the dentist as crazy as that sounds. Thats how terrified of the dentist i am which brings me to today...

I had my front veneers and bottom teeth so to the average person i actually looked like i had nice teeth but i did not. my teeth under my veneers finally rotted out leaving me with no veneers and only like 6 bottom teeth. so i had to get all 27 teeth extracted, the only one i didnt have to get extracted was my front tooth that i knocked out playing soccer a million years ago. Long story short, today was dooms day..

I never met this oral surgeon so we did not discuss a plan as to how many sittings i would have to go through to get all 27 pulled, we basically discussed it today before it began. i jokingly asked him, well how many can u pull in one day, and he replied all of them. i laughed and said yea well u can pull out all my fingernails in a day as well. Then i started building a little courage and asked, well if u did pull all 27 how long would that take? He replied 45 minutes. Once i heard that i was ALL IN!! i had dental procedures that lasted 3 hours!! So when i heard 45 minutes i told him lets do it.

I had 2 infections in one of my upper right tooth and one infection in my lower left tooth. Thats important!! They gave me that laughing gas i never had that before and i still dont know what it actually does, then they gave me shots of novacain in all areas of my mouth.. It wasnt that bad i just felt pinching for a couple seconds, but when they injected it by my two infected teeth let me tell you, i almost jumped through the roof in pain.. i feel like it was like an electromagnetic wave that wen from my tooth up to my brain and then back down through my entire body!!! it hurt soooo bad omg!!! same with the lower left one.

Once the novacain did its job and my entire mouth was numb, he began the extractions.. some teeth i did not feel a thing at all i would just hear the clank when he dropped the teeth into the metal bin. The toughest ones were the lower back rights and lowe back lefts. I didnt feel pain but the pulling and twisting felt like i could literally feel my own skull. Its because those roots are the deepest. The two teeth he did that were infected felt like absolute torture!!! The pain was soooooo bad . Then he was done and started stitching me.

The takeaways i can give you all is that if you are having multiple teeth pulled, i would defintely suggest you do them ALL in one sitting because if you dont have any infections like i did, You will not feel pain at all. The only pain you will feel is the couple of seconds of the novacain injections and that dont hurt that bad either! Its just literally a pinch. The rest is feeling the surgeon pull and twist but there is no pain!! It makes more sense to do them all in one sitting because you have already got passed the hardest part which is the buildup of anxiety of driving there and getting the novacain injections. Once the surgeon is done, you dont have to go back and do it all over again!! Its such a great feeling leaving there knowing you are past the worst of it. i would definitely NOT want to have to go back there 4 more times that is for damn sure!!! my appt was at 10am and i was walking to my car at 11:30. I had to get panaromic xrays done when they first called me in, then one more individual xray of my front tooth that was knocked out years ago. Thats why is took all in total an hour and a half. As i write this, my mouth is still bleeding but i feel like the weight of the entire world is off my shoulders!!!! Thank god to that!! I literally felt like i was driving to my own torture session when i was on my way to the oral surgeon.Urghh the thoughts i had were horrific!!! THAT WAS ACTUALLY THE WORST PART OF ALL OF THIS!!! I promise all of you who have to have multiple extractions that the worst part is the fear of getting it done! Thats the worst part!! So again, my advice is to get them done all in one sitting, i promise you that when you leave you will be soooooo relieved!! If you have any questions just ask me.

Lastly, i was not put to sleep!! i had the laughing gas and novacain and was wide awake for all 27 extractions. I wish you all the best. Im now on to stage 2 lol a cake walk.

I'm going to have 11 teeth removed Wednesday and I am doing out under IV sedation. I can't believe you went for 27 awake that's pretty brave. I hope I will be able to make it to my appointment I almost cancelled today when they called to remind me. Ugh I am stressed

no need to be stressed at all i promise!! I did 27 teeth in one sitting and i was awake.. like i said it took about 45 min to extract all 27 and i felt pain really bad pain in two teeth because i had infections in both of them.. if it wasnt for the infections i would have felt no pain at all. Im assuming u dont have any infections and you will be sleeping so there really is NOTHING to fear.. if my 27 took 45 mins im guessing your 11 will be done in 20 minutes.. its a cake walk.. i have felt no pain afterwards and today is day 7 since i had my surgery.. i have been on pain meds this entire time. You will be totally fine. i promise... i wish they wouldve put me to sleep!

Congratulations on facing your fear. Well done.

I hope it continues to go well. Keep us posted.

no need to be stressed at all i promise!! I did 27 teeth in one sitting and i was awake.. like i said it took about 45 min to extract all 27 and i felt pain really bad pain in two teeth because i had infections in both of them.. if it wasnt for the infections i would have felt no pain at all. Im assuming u dont have any infections and you will be sleeping so there really is NOTHING to fear.. if my 27 took 45 mins im guessing your 11 will be done in 20 minutes.. its a cake walk.. i have felt no pain afterwards and today is day 7 since i had my surgery.. i have been on pain meds this entire time. You will be totally fine. i promise... i wish they wouldve put me to sleep!

Thanks you are right

Back