• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

27yr Female- Suicidal after Left Upper First Molar Extraction

B

Birmanclaws

I am very sorry that you feel like this, but the best thing to do is to think forward. Even if you had a successful root canal on your tooth it would still need to go through a clown prep and crowning. Try to think about an implant. Most people in your profession have had some work done to achieve their perfect teeth through implants, veneers, orthodontics, etc. It would be so much easier and quicker than the treatment you are contemplating. You could have a tooth there in 3 - 4 months, keep working and not have your bite change.

Every one is different and I hope you find some peace soon.

D

Dawn65

Female
27 year old
Was on holiday in Bali, Upper Left First Molar chipped ( its been very sensitive for 3 years now)
Anyways, it dint pain or hurt at all when it chipped, no blood nothing
Fast Forward 2 months,
I get dental abscess and freak out, i go to the dentist (ER), he makes a hole in the tooth to make pus and gas come out
I am travelling so had no sense of direction of where to go, long story short, had the tooth extracted

Its been 3 weeks, i am depressed, always crying and suicidal...

I absolutely dont want an implant, coz emotionally the idea of a screw in my jaw is appaling, and im in constant fear of losing another tooth.
I am noticing sagging of my left cheek now and im only 27, i had 2 times orthodontics to get perfect teeth
and my teeth WERE PERFECT...

This molar was white as snow, had no filling or crown, infact i never had any crowns and just 1 filling on the tooth adjacent to this molar, which is the left second molar.

My Right Upper second molar is hurting now and im in constant fear
i dont eat or sleep anymore,

Im thinking of ending my life,

I read that there is this new thing called Molar protraction using TAD orthodontics to close spaces,
but im scared if they pull the second and third molar to cover the first molar space they get root resorbtion or sthng that i end up losing them too....

Im single, alone, lonely, and very beautiful untill i removed my molar...
i need some advice...

I note this post is a few weeks old. I hope you're doing better. All I can say is, I get it. Not doing too good without mine either. I don't know what the answer is. Wish I did. But you are not alone.

D

Dawn65

my dad is like 60, never had a cavity or root canal, has all teeth intact...
im 27... my 4 premolars were extracted by the bastard orthodontist when i was 8years old... please tell me how is this ETHICAL in dentistry to remove 4 healthy teeth from a child purely for ASETHETIC reasons...

but if u see what other things dentists do, like bridges, like wtf is the logic behind destroying 2 more teeth to cover the gap of the tooth in between!! so in 10 years instead of 1 tooth missing u get 3 teeth missing...

or this veneer bullshit that requires shaving a completely healthy tooth for this bullshit,..

its this reason amongst other billions that ppl HATE DENTISTS...coz some dentists are so UNETHICAL ...

im just crying while i type this, i just dont want anyhing in this world just my tooth back or i want to die peacefully...

i forgot to mention i model for a living... my confidence right now is ZEROOO, I FEEL LIKE THE UGLIEST GIRL ON THE PLANET , ven though noone can see the missing tooth, atleast none of my friends realized so far,,. excpet my friend who read my diary and saw i wrotd ì extrated a tooth then she seemed ouzzled , kept asking me to show her which tooth, evdn she thinks i have cancer coz somehow no one can wrap sround their brain that i am suicidzl bcoz of 1 tooth..

Yep, honey, I get that too. I'm 54 and have never forgiven my parents for allowing 4 of my healthy teeth to be removed just for vanity's sake. I could have had a brace.
The crowding is genetic. My son had the same problem - jaw too small for his teeth. They saved his with a brace. These dentists have no right to hear the parent and ignore the child. We grow up to live with the consequences, not them. No, it's NOT ethical.

That said, tooth or no tooth, I'm sure that you are still beautiful and, if you can only find the right professional, I'm sure he/she will be able to find a solution to give you your confidence back. You have a long while to enjoy on the planet yet.

I do get what you mean about just wanting your tooth back. I was screaming, actually screaming, that at my dentist last week. 5 of mine were recently taken without my consent. It's affecting my speech and I'm a linguist. I'm devastated.

But you aren't alone in this... hang on to that. God bless.

D

Dawn65

i have an appointment with an orhodontist to close the gap, bring my 2nd and 3rd molar forward ...it will cost me 10000$ and 2 years of braces, meaning i wont be able to model for w years , so ill lose 5000$ a month x 24 months thats more than 100,000$ because ofa tooth...

someone plz tell me how can i survive this eithout killing myself,,, i wanted to get marrird by next year and do some modeling for big brands.... now its the END OF MY CAREER... sthng i worked for allll my lifeeee... goes in 1 hour... it took the dentist 1 hour to extract the tooth coz it was healthy and stuck to the jaw, every since i can breath ffom my left nostfil soooo well that now im terriefied that he created a hole or dzmage to my sinus thats why i breath all of a suddenly so well from one nostril...

please mind u, the dentist wanted a root canal but when i saw the pus from the abscess i was so terrified and read lot of bullshit abt root canal and breast cancer and heart diseaze that i forced him to extract it e
ven though he was AGAINST the extract 200% , but he did it anyway , which begs the question, should dentist or doctors do what patients say even when they 200% disagree and know itsnot for their best interest...

Again, hope you're doing a bit better now...but please allow yourself to believe your modeling career might still be intact. I think,.. hope, that we are moving away from a world in which a woman has to meet certain expectations of perfection to be considered beautiful. Many agencies out there have models who are plus, plus sizes, for instance, or who were born or acquired facial scaring, birth marks and Twiggy is pushing 70 and is still modeling - bet she hasn't got all her own teeth now. Their beauty shines and the market doesn't always want a western idea of perfection to sell classy clothes and other products. And there is nothing more sexy and a woman who can project 'here I am, flaws and all. Look at my soul'. Sounds like you need to heal from the trauma and learn to let your natural you shine through'. You are your heart, not your tooth.

Keep us updated. We're listening. Xx

Last edited:
I

Ihatedentist

Female
27 year old
Was on holiday in Bali, Upper Left First Molar chipped ( its been very sensitive for 3 years now)
Anyways, it dint pain or hurt at all when it chipped, no blood nothing
Fast Forward 2 months,
I get dental abscess and freak out, i go to the dentist (ER), he makes a hole in the tooth to make pus and gas come out
I am travelling so had no sense of direction of where to go, long story short, had the tooth extracted

Its been 3 weeks, i am depressed, always crying and suicidal...

I absolutely dont want an implant, coz emotionally the idea of a screw in my jaw is appaling, and im in constant fear of losing another tooth.
I am noticing sagging of my left cheek now and im only 27, i had 2 times orthodontics to get perfect teeth
and my teeth WERE PERFECT...

This molar was white as snow, had no filling or crown, infact i never had any crowns and just 1 filling on the tooth adjacent to this molar, which is the left second molar.

My Right Upper second molar is hurting now and im in constant fear
i dont eat or sleep anymore,

Im thinking of ending my life,

I read that there is this new thing called Molar protraction using TAD orthodontics to close spaces,
but im scared if they pull the second and third molar to cover the first molar space they get root resorbtion or sthng that i end up losing them too....

Im single, alone, lonely, and very beautiful untill i removed my molar...
i need some advice...
Please can i speak to you on Facebook messenger,? I feel same like you I swear I need to share my ugly and permanent tooth extract problem , I feel suicidal too , I dont know how to solve this problem naturally, I dont want to live my entire life with implants en my mouth , Iam stuck I'm 28,

Last edited:
D

Dawn65

Please can i speak to you one Facebook messenger,? I feel same like you I sear I need to share my ugly and permanent tooth extract problem , I feel suicidal too , I dont know how to solve this problem naturally, I dont want to live my entire life with implants en my mouth , Ian's stuck I dont know I'm 28,

There's a message here. See the envelope at the top. X