• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2nd appointment in 30 years today,anxiety starts again

J

Jay45169

A huge thing for me to do is seeing the dentist, some mite take it for granted & make it out to be a walk in the park ...but not for me tbh .... Well the anxiety starts all over again .. 2nd appointment today in 3hrs 30 mins & second in 30 years ,? really hate this feeling.. constant worry , no wonder I stayed away from the dentist all that time ?.... This is the only place I come to to talk to good people who understand and support each other ♥

2 side front extractions one which has been broke off completely at the gumline been like this for years..so not looking forward to this at all, I actually asked the dentist will that be hard to take out? He actually said a very quick NO ?, which was reassuring, but doesn't change my thinking .. oh and a filling ...hardly slept or ate any food for days ...just the way iam wired tbh

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and quickly and most of all pain free, just want it over and home and the anxiety to subside ...really Hate this tbh ?and myself when it comes to this situation... Thanks again guys for the messages of support I've had yesterday and last night .. really appreciate them

Last edited:
Jay45169, if I calculated right, you're just about having it done. Sending well wishes, good vibes and you got this! If it helps, taking out teeth broken at the gumline is often much easier then otherwise. Hang in there and let us know how it went! :clover: You got this! :cheer2:

I've been thinking about you Jay. I really hope it's all done and you're home now. Well done!

Well it was a change of plan today by Andrew my dentist ...he decided just to take out the bottom right moller which was in a very very bad state ,,, was actually dreading this one getting took out tbh.. was rotted to pieces and had no crown ?.... so it was a little painfull than the wisdom tooth tbh just a little ... Felt the nerve at the very start , hate that feeling. but then nothing ... Well that's another out of the way ?.. back in 2 weeks to get the ones he was due to do today
Thanks again guys for the support and messages it's much appreciated ?

Well done...you did it! You should be really proud. One step closer to the end of your treatment.

Well done...you did it! You should be really proud. One step closer to the end of your treatment.
Thanks poet

Well done. You must be feeling relieved you've got another part of it out of the way. I hope you're not in too much pain

Thanks really appreciate it.....
??... Not to bad tbh ..have some ibuprofen taken to help there ...and had some soft food ?..was starving lol

Well done Jay!

Congratulations Jay ?!!!

So here we go again...dentist at 2pm ?.. the anxiety begins again ??.... The routine of not eating or sleeping again ?... Have to get a root taken out today at the front which has been like this for a long long time ,, another dreaded moment , hopefully I don't feel anything. Think he'll have to cut the gum to get at it , but iam not the professional..I asked him before about if would that be difficult to get out ,,it was a quick NO which was good ...but your always dreading it , but sure I dread every dentist visit ,, hopefully fingers crossed iam in and out quick

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine, the anxiety before it is awful I know. :clover: :clover:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine, the anxiety before it is awful I know. :clover: :clover:
Thanks catsmother really appreciate it...it Def is , can't wait to have that feeling of walking out and it's done & back home with the dog

Best of luck Jay, keeping my fingers crossed for you?

Hi Jay - I can feel your anxiety and admire you for being able to push past your fears. All the best :thumbsup:

Well another issue done and taken out..thank god... Took abit longer than usual this one to take the root out ..but main thing didn't feel a thing but the pushing and pulling & pressure?... Back in another 2 weeks for another out ?...

Jay, that was bravely done. I bet you are so relieved now. ?

Def am, thanks catsmother ....Love walking out of that dentists door ..the relief is brilliant tbh

Well done. It sounds like it all went well. I hope you're not in too much pain or discomfort.

Well done. It sounds like it all went well. I hope you're not in too much pain or discomfort.
Thanks really appreciate it ... Hardly any but I do have painkillers to taken ??

Back