• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2nd Root canal done !

O

overcoming143

When I was in high school I had a root canal begin without being completely numb and turns out I couldn’t get all the way numb because of the infection. I was given antibiotics and then returned to have it done but from then on I was really anxious to see the dentist. This coupled with the enormous expense in seeing a dentist caused my treatments to be seriously delayed.

Fast forward, I successfully completed a 2nd root canal (different tooth). The endodondist applied numbing gel and then the novacaine. It was an upper molar which I usually find much less painful than the lower ones. The numbing went well! I felt the one on the inside of my mouth more but it was bearable. From then it was pretty much smooth sailing. I did not like the drilling feel but as long as it wasn’t painful I told myself I’ll be OK. And I was ! He finished up in one visit which I was ecstatic about ! I took some Motrin before the numbing wore off completely and that was it. I haven’t taken the Motrin since ! Next step is to get a permanent crown which may need some form of crown lengthening but at least the root canal part is done ??

Congratulations! So glad that you were able to have a better experience this time! It is hard to go back after a difficult experience with an open mind.

Thank you ! And absolutely. Between the pain I was experiencing and knowing my dad is missing a few teeth I knew I had to brave it or else things would only get worst

Thank you ! And absolutely. Between the pain I was experiencing and knowing my dad is missing a few teeth I knew I had to brave it or else things would only get worst

Yes and I firmly believe that the more time that lapses between appointments, the harder it becomes to go back.

Yes and I firmly believe that the more time that lapses between appointments, the harder it becomes to go back.

sooo true...

Back