• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

2nd Visit Complete

L

Lukas76

Made it through my evaluation with my oral surgeon. Although it was not easy. Apparently, there was an emergency which caused me to wait for almost an hour. :mad: I wanted to take the easy road and leave, but I made myself stay. I will be having IV sedation to remove several bad teeth on both sides of my lower jaw. Later on down the road I can look at cosmetic once I get the rest of my teeth in good shape. I was not as nervous this time but I know the night before the surgery I will be a bit anxious. Have to do this though. What are people's experiences with IV sedation? What does it feel like? Anxious to get this over with. I never thought that I would have actually walked myself in TWO dental offices within 2 weeks. But I did. Bottom line, the mind can overcome fear. The scenarios made up in the head are far worse than what actually goes on.

Congratulations!!!! :jump: I really hope everything goes well. It really is comforting to know that almost everyone feels that need to run out of there. :hidesbehindsofa:

Congrats to you! :XXLhug: I had iv sedation for another nondental procedure and it was great. One second i was talking and the next i was out. The oral worked great for my dental but it took forever to wear off. The iv didnt. I recovered very quickly.

Back