• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 extractions tomorrow could use some support. Pregnant and so scared

M

Mom2be

Thanks for reading this :) I'am pregnant with my 3rd baby and am having 3 extractions tomorrow morning I'm so very nervous they are all on my top right starting with my wisdom tooth and the 2 next to it. They are all broken and the gums are growing in and over parts of them. I have no choice for my health just have to do this. Sense there broken and the gums are growing over I'm so afraid there going to be difficult to get out and it's going to hurt. I'm on antibiotics because the one tooth was painful and the roof of my mouth swollen but that is almost gone now but the tooth still hurts a bit to touch it I'm afraid it won't numb that it may be a hot tooth..
ive seen some stories of it taking forever and being painful I'm so scared I will only be getting the. Novicane due to being pregnant also I won't be able to lay all the way back it makes it hard to breath from my growing belly . Any encouragement will be appreciated. Not sure anyone will see this in time thankyou

Best of luck to you. If you feel anything make sure to tell the dentist so that s/he can give you more anesthetic. Also, if they can't get you numb they may need to give you another course of antibiotics to totally rid you of the infection. Top teeth are generally MUCH more easy to numb because of where the nerves are in relation to the jaw. I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow! Please let us know it goes.

Thanks for reading this :) I'am pregnant with my 3rd baby and am having 3 extractions tomorrow morning I'm so very nervous they are all on my top right starting with my wisdom tooth and the 2 next to it. They are all broken and the gums are growing in and over parts of them. I have no choice for my health just have to do this. Sense there broken and the gums are growing over I'm so afraid there going to be difficult to get out and it's going to hurt. I'm on antibiotics because the one tooth was painful and the roof of my mouth swollen but that is almost gone now but the tooth still hurts a bit to touch it I'm afraid it won't numb that it may be a hot tooth..
ive seen some stories of it taking forever and being painful I'm so scared I will only be getting the. Novicane due to being pregnant also I won't be able to lay all the way back it makes it hard to breath from my growing belly . Any encouragement will be appreciated. Not sure anyone will see this in time thankyou

Hi Mom2be,
First off congrats on the new baby to be
Secondly you will be fine!! It is true that in the old days it was super hard to numb an infected tooth but dentists know more now than they did then and if they have to can pretty much numb the whole side of your face to block pain in other nerves and get your tooth numb. I had a root canal done on an infected tooth, and although they could not fill it in til after I took antibiotics I had been on no antibiotics at all when they started drilling and clearing it out all the way to the roots. I did not feel a thing even though I had a raging infection going on. Since you have already started antibiotics it won't be hard to numb you at all. I know it's scary but you will be fine and should not feel a thing other than some pressure. It will be sore afterwards but you can take Tylenol and don't chew on that side for a few days.

Hi Mom2be,

The fact that the teeth are broken does not mean a difficult extraction. The fact that we are dealing with adjacent teeth makes the extraction even easier.
The most important factor is who is the dentist. Does the dentist have the knowledge, skills and experience.
If it is an oral surgeon, most likely it will go smoothly.

All the best and keep us posted.:)

Thank you all so much for your support and kind words it means the world to me . It's hard talking to my husband and family they don't fear the dentist as much as I do. I'm trying to keep busy today so i don't think about it constantly it's not working so well. I can't wait for this to be over it will be such a weight lifted off my shoulders . I like hearing ithat the top of your mouth is easier to numb I never knew that I was hoping once the first tooth is out it may make it easier for the others to come out . Praying this all goes quick and painless tomorrow! I will be keeping you all posted thanks again

I'm getting more nervous as the time is getting closer. I'm so afraid Its going to be painful and take along time or something will go wrong. Ugh I hate having this fear one minute i tell myself it's going to be a piece of cake and it will be fine, then next I'm thinking no I should be worried it may be awful and what ifs.:shame:

Good luck today, you will be fine! and you will be so glad that you went and got it over with and never have any pain from those 3 teeth again. Picture yourself at home after it is over. Focus on what happens after the appointment instead of during. Think of yourself safe at home and relieved that it went well and is over with. you should not feel a thing other than pressure during the extraction. If you do tell the dentist right sway and they will stop and give you another shot.

Wanted to give an update, I went to the dentist quit anxious this morning but I managed to ge into the chair I was given novacain nice and slow it pinched a little but not bad the dentist got me very numb and went to work the first tooth he had to section it out in pieces it had a little bit curved root and was breaking due to decay so it took a bit longer than I anticipated but the other two came out easier my wisdom tooth came out the easiest. All in all I had no pain just the noises were the worst and some pressure but I stayed calm and tried to listen to music but really this was really painless except the shots but they were not bad there was still some infection still and I still got numb. I feel so proud today and thankyou all so much for helping me through this!!

Wanted to give an update, I went to the dentist quit anxious this morning but I managed to ge into the chair I was given novacain nice and slow it pinched a little but not bad the dentist got me very numb and went to work the first tooth he had to section it out in pieces it had a little bit curved root and was breaking due to decay so it took a bit longer than I anticipated but the other two came out easier my wisdom tooth came out the easiest. All in all I had no pain just the noises were the worst and some pressure but I stayed calm and tried to listen to music but really this was really painless except the shots but they were not bad there was still some infection still and I still got numb. I feel so proud today and thankyou all so much for helping me through this!!

Yay! I'm so glad it went well for you and mostly painless except the pinch of the shots.

Back