• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 lower back teeth missing on one side

M

millie

hi does anyone have 3 back teeth missing on one side? the ones at the very back. how do you live with it? i cant afford implants and my face feels uneven

Im so depressed will my face sink and collapse? they are on thee right side of my face my jaw is thinner then the left and has shurnk

My husband is missing all his molars on the upper left. He only has the premolars. He doesn’t want implants and eats just fine. The bone has shrunk down but it isn’t noticeable at all from the outside. He has had them out for about eight years now.
I have my upper second molar missing (and no wisdom teeth). I had a set of premolars extracted as a teen for braces so all I have on that side, in the back, is a premolar and my first molar. It has been that way for two years now and it does feel uneven to me, so I know what you are talking about.

hi does anyone have 3 back teeth missing on one side? the ones at the very back. how do you live with it? i cant afford implants and my face feels uneven

Have you discussed your worries with your dentist? They may be able to tell you what may or may not happen. Also, would implants be the only option to replace them? These things are very individual, so getting an opinion suited to your situation may be a good idea.

ive not spoken to him about this as im waiting to get the 2 teeth out on the bottom my jaw really aches

I now have all molars removed on both sides on the bottom. I do get implants for the first molars though, without any teeth there I was afraid I'd have serious problems with chewing and I was scared to death of getting dentures (in fear they would fall out and such). My husband helped me get a loan for the implants, so it was achievable for me. Also, the longer you go without teeth the harder it is later. I'm missing one if the teeth that were implanted for 2 years and my gums/bone receded to such an extended that dentist had to do bone graft for the implant to work. And it cost almost as much as the implant itself.
On the other hand my mum is missing her molars on one bottom side too. She's got a removable denture, but doesn't use it much and she says she can eat everything fine and doesn't really mind not having teeth there.
So, it's very individual.

Hi. Can you share your update?

Back