• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 months later still in pain

P

Pamelynn

I got a full upper denture and partial lower denture in early March and have been having nothing but problems. My bone is degrading much more rapidly than the dentist expected. The upper denture no longer hurts, but is uncomfortable and pops out even with dental adhesive. The lower denture was fine until about 2 days ago and now every time I chew anything it is excrutiating.... I feel my jaw is sore all the time as well. I stated yesterday that I really am regretting this decision and the pain from my infected teeth was easier to deal with than this. My dentist keeps saying I have to get used to them and it will get better. I talk for a living, up to 14 hours per day, and it is becoming unbearable to even do that. Unless I am eating, I now take out my bottom partial because it hurts so much (though it hurts more when I am eating). I am just frustrated and at a loss for what to do. I keep getting told to get implants or to go to another dentist, but I paid for my dentures 100% up front and I have no more money to spend... I don't know what to do. This is literally ruining my life. Can anyone help me?

Pam

Hi Pamelynn
I don't have any personal experience of dentures but we have this information section here:Dentures FAQ page

It may be that seeing a different dentist would be beneficial and if you are in the USA you could maybe finance that using Care Credit. It sounds as if being comfortable is very important to your being able to do your speaking job.

Best wishes.

I wish I could. I do not qualify for care credit. Yesterday my lower denture actually cut my gum. I can't even get in to my dentist for 3 weeks...ugh.

Back