• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 teeth out and a deep clean - no problems!

G

Gems142

Hi everyone!
I just wanted to share my success story. After 4 years of suffering with a server phobia of the dentist, I finally went a few weeks ago knowing I needed a lot of work doing and I did not want my baby boy growing up scared like me. I was told that I needed 3 teeth out and quite a few fillings. Naturally i was devastated but it had to be done. I just had to put my fear to one side! Fast forward to today, the day of the produce. I was so scared, very nearly walked out of the surgery but I went in, the dentist knew I was scared but he was fantastic. Firm because he had a job to do but good nonetheless. I didn't cause a scene (unlike the first visit when I cried) I just sat down, opened my mouth and let him do his job. 20 minutes later after the numbing, deep clean and 3 teeth (decayed down to the gum line) I was out and I hand on heart I experienced no pain! The dentist asked throughout if I was okay and of course I was. Best thing I've done and I'm so proud of myself. I think I've overcome my fear and I'm not frightened to go back for more work!
Sorry for the long thread but just wanted to share some positivity. Be as brave as you possible can be and it WILL be okay and it never even half as bad as you expect it!

Congrats on the success! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm scared I might need something like that one day for my teeth because they both have fillings

I'm 27. My teeth mainly cracked in pregnancy. I floss, brush twice daily and use mouthwash but my teeth are just incredibly weak.

Gems..

Wow. this is so awesome to hear!! I love these stories.. its always encouraging to hear!! Glad you had a good dentist to take you through it too!!! Sounds like a great experience!!!

Back