• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 temps and 1 painful crown

M

madmac

I visited my dentist in Sept 2013 for a cleaning. Was told I needed a deep cleaning 1st, then 2 fillings and a crown on top back molar. The deep cleaning would be 4 visits, painful and expensive. I explained my dental fear again (my old dentist had left practice) and asked them to start the fillings and crown. After much discussion, they did the fillings and then prepped tooth for crown and used a metal temp crown. I told her it didn't feel right, but I was assured it was a good fit. I was leaving on vacation in 2 days. I was in terrible pain, but was afraid to have more work done before trip, so I called and made appointment for 2 weeks. I requested another dentist, they discovered my gums were bleeding due to the crown cutting into them(surprise) and replaced the temp. The 2nd dentist decided my tooth was too difficult for him and said I would need to see a 3rd dentist for the crown. The crown was broken in shipment and had to go a 3rd time for fitting. 3rd temp crown. After 2 months from start, crown came in, took 30 minutes to get temp off(had to be numbed), they had to grind tooth below to get fit right. I am again in pain, can't touch teeth together, can't chew and am worried that tooth was damaged in all the yanking they did. My mouth was raw after last visit and I've seen all their dentists.
What should I do???
:cry:

Is this a clinic?
Do you have DMO insurance?