• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3 weeks after extractions.

L

law

Hi 3 weeks ago I had 2 upper back teeth removed one was retained roots and the a very large tooyb. Its took me 4 years to have this done and am a nervous wreak ive been back to my dentist twice through me panicking and all been fine for fews days ago wen I decided to look at the site fir the first time my question is should there be lots of sort of crusty white bits over the site I had dissolvable stitches and feel fine now no pain now. Thankyou hope someone can help

the white crusty stuff could be that stuff that forms over an extraction site during healing. a lot of people, me included, have had it to some degree.

the white crusty stuff could be that stuff that forms over an extraction site during healing. a lot of people, me included, have had it to some degree.
I second that. This white coating is partly due to the healing tissue and partly due to the dissolving stitches.

Hi, are you feeling well? Any signs of fever or waking up through the night?

Hi, are you feeling well? Any signs of fever or waking up through the night?
hi thanks for replys 2 weeks back I was wakin all through the night but for last week been fine ive noticed today a tad swollen but tbh thats where been stupidly fiddling with it absolutely fine before that :(

What other symptoms did you have? Fever? Feeling like flu? Run down? If yes these could be all connected to infection, I am going throug the same, had tooth out 4 weeks ago and a wisd tooth out last week before this I had absess and now I feel like crap, flu feeling run down, waking up the odd time sweating, etc, you will get better as I hope I do, will keep you updated

Thanks for all the help, I have today woken up feeling crap bad breath till I rinse then fine dry lipd I am terrified something is wrong now its been 4 weeks Friday coming gum looks ok I dont have any pain but this white stuff is bothering me vmy partner says it more over where stitches are or where as im not sure if they fell out or not I no one hasn't as I have always felt it behind the site, the site was inflammed 2 weeks ago and my doctor gave me antibiotics 2 lots only took one so I still have another box I dont want to take for no reason thanks

If this white stuff is just healing should u get this bad breath I should add I quit smoking a week before extractions after 10 years so maybe a muxture not sure... there looks like the white stuff us thicker today or more of it ni pain just maybe a dull ache witch probably isn't being helped by ne looking uo pics in Internet!!

Hi, yes I had the bad taste and bad breath after too, I am slowly starting to recover, keep me updated on how your feeling, this forum is really good for people c oping with everything, our bodies just take a long time to recover after extractions and mouth infections it's like a gateway to our bodies, I was petrified of dentist until recently and now I am not scared as I have thought my fears

Hi, yes I had the bad taste and bad breath after too, I am slowly starting to recover, keep me updated on how your feeling, this forum is really good for people c oping with everything, our bodies just take a long time to recover after extractions and mouth infections it's like a gateway to our bodies, I was petrified of dentist until recently and now I am not scared as I have thought my fears
Thanks for reply so helpful others tjat have been through the same well its 5 weeks now sockets no pain no bad breath but I have another problem my top teeth in middle at front all 4 are root canaled absolutely no problems till last week sensitivity in one when shouldn't feel anything I went to see dentist yesterday no problem with tooth leacture about dental floss as bit of plauqe build up e said if something has got in tootj and root canal is failing tooth would then have to come out since yesterday ive noticed sensitivity pain goes from one tooth to another its not constant but worried I just find it a bit odd this starting afyrr getting those teeth out at top back sorry for long post just terrified im now going to lose a front tooth as thr aim was to get my extractions done as need 4 crowns across the front.....
Thanks

Back