• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

3 weeks later and still confused!

E

Elllllie

I had 4 fillings almost 3 weeks ago. Two of them pretty deep. They haven’t bothered me more than I’d expect. No pain when chewing or sensitivity to temperature. Since the fillings I’ve had trouble sleeping. I’ve been clenching my teeth and wake up to throbbing of most of my teeth from it which thankfully goes away. I tried a mouth guard but it made my jaw hurt. The dentist had told me to wait 2-3 weeks. Yesterday I went to have them adjusted because two of my teeth were hitting in the front too hard. He filed down the fillings a big but ended up filing or controuring two of my natural teeth too. That has helped quite a bit..but something weird has been happening for a few weeks and we can’t figure out why.
He only worked on my back molars, but when I lay down my bottom front teeth and sometimes the top start throbbing almost. It’s not really pain but it’s very annoying and lasts as long as I’m laying down. It’s not affected by anything else. It almost feels as if I left a piece of floss in my teeth, but there’s definitely nothing there. I’ve never felt anything like it before and it didn’t happen before I had those filling done even though they’re not near them...the xrays didn’t show anything but this is affecting my day to day life. I’m afraid to go to sleep or even see friends of family. I just don’t feel like myself and two dentists don’t have any answers. I thought maybe I was over brushing or it was the mouthwash or fluoride treatment I was using but I don’t know :( please help me. I’m so anxious over this. I don’t even want to see friends or family or do anything I enjoy.. one last thing—after he filed down my fillings yesterday it doesn’t hurt to eat or anything but it is very sensitive and hurts a pit when I use Sensodyne on it for brushing my teeth. Is this ok???

Last edited:
Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
It sounds a bit like a sinus issue, they usually show up when you're lying down due to the anatomy of the sinus. Could be a coincidence. If there's been a tiny bit too much filed off the teeth that can make them a bit sensitive, Sensodyne on it should help.

E

Elllllie

Thank you for your reply. Is it possible that it’s a sinus issue even if I don’t have a stuffy nose or any other sinus symptoms?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Yes it's possible or it could be the grinding/clenching is doing it, sorry I can't help better than that.