• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

39 year old with cysts on impacted wisdom teeth but no pain - remove immediately?

N

new2d

39 year old with cysts on impacted wisdom teeth but no pain - remove immediately?

I have no insurance but might be getting it soon becaue of job situation. Could be a few months before I do.

Should I go ahead and spend $1,500-$2,000 now for wisdom teeth or wait?

Not sure how serious this is. Oral surgeon said better now than later but I'm always skeptical since dentists have a financial incentive.

Onyl pains I have are an mild ache under chin and in throat for past month but that could be from anything.

Re: 39 year old with cysts on impacted wisdom teeth but no pain - remove immediately?

Cysts?

If you really have a cyst then there's not much doubt about it, the teeth involved need to go as soon as possible, before the cysts destroy too much bone, however I am a bit suspicious of the diagnosis, was it the surgeon who told you this?

Re: 39 year old with cysts on impacted wisdom teeth but no pain - remove immediately?

I went to another oral surgeon after I started this thread and got a 2nd opinion.

It turns out only one of my wisdom teeth has a problem. It has an infection. So, given my age, deepness of other teeth and the fact that they pose no threat/problems, the oral surgeon is only going to remove one. Good news for me. And I'm going to do it ASAP because of the infection.

I'm really pleased your happy with the outcome. Good luck with the extraction when it is done.

Back