• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

3rd dentist appointment this morning

P

perfectlife

Hi all. so I had another dentist appointment this morning at 9am. I booked early so it would be over with sooner in the day. Last time I went it was for an overall check up. They took a million x-rays and gave me a sheet with all the work I needed done. So this morning I had 5 fillings, and I had my mouth open in the chair for 2 hours. It was hard, but I tried to keep calm and collected. It really helped to relax. I just wanted to post something positive on here rather than freak out about the dentist like I usually do. I still get panicky about the dentist, but I am able to control my feelings of fear (for the most part). I know that lots of people are afraid of the dentist and that is normal, but I need to control that and get myself healthy again. If not just for me, for my husband and for my two children. I'm tired of this fear controlling me. I hope I can give some kind of comfort to anybody who might be reading this who also has a huge fear of the dentist. I have at least 16 more cavities to fill, but I've started the journey. I also need 2 wisdom teeth pulled. I intend to be brave and win this battle. I hope you all are winning yours too! :thumbsup:

Hi perfectlife
I think you are doing really well, congratulations :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: you are a :star::star::star::star::star:

We are much tougher than we think, it never ceases to amaze me how I and others fight the nerves and fear to get the treatment we need. I am glad that you are feeling more comfortable about getting treatment now. I think the nerves will always be there but the fact that you have started and intend to continue to get treatment is a huge step in the right direction.

Well done you :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::dance::dance::dance::dance2::thumbsup::cheers::yayy::perfect: Good luck with the rest of your treatment :clover::clover::clover:

Back