• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

4 Wisdom teeth to be removed and one root canal

C

coffee

Hi... I am new to this place... you know what i am having all the 4 wisdom extracted TOMORROW0 and i feel awful...
i am really scared. how does this happen. the doctor has planned something called concious sedation. the wisdom tooth in the lower jaw is inside a bone. i don know he called it some weird name. the the other wosdom tooth is growing hotizontally. the other two wisdom teeth is extraction. my question is how painful is it. can i actually bear the pain? is it tooo much.. i am really worried. please reply asap coz the surgery or what ever u call it is TOMORROW.:confused::o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Hey, a bit of background about my teeth situation first - I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out this summer, only one was showing through the gum with nerves running really close to the roots, two were horizontal (crown facing the other teeth) and the last was pointing the other way. I had two (right side top and bottom) taken out one week, and the other two four weeks later. I'd have been happy having all four out at the same time though, albeit eating would have been harder after!

The procedure itself was completely painless - I was awake for both, with just local anaesthetic, and honestly felt nothing more than a bit of pushing and pulling. The top left (the one that was pointing away from the other teeth, roots forward) took quite a lot of time to get out, but still was painless. I had to take painkillers afterwards to cope with a bit of discomfort after the surgery, but it was nothing too bad. Ice packs 15 mins on, 15 mins off for a few hours afterwards helped keep the swelling down, and I was back to normal after about a week, when my stitches came out (I had all 4 extraction sites stitched).

I can't comment on the root canal as I've never had one done, but I'm sure you'll be able to handle the wizzie extractions. Take it easy for a few days afterwards if you can, (I watched loads of DVDs and slept a lot) and you'll be fine!

Good luck and :grouphug:

I hope everything went well. Please let us know how it went.
:)

I recently had concious sedation for work on two molars and it was a huge success. Once the drug is administered I drifted off and the next thing I knew was that the dentist was taking an impression! I was oblivious to the removal of mercury fillings and bits of bad tooth and all the drilling etc.

I understand your nervousness, really I do! Hope it all goes well for you! Good luck. :)

Back