• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

5 days post general anesthetic and still dizzy

H

had-enough

Is it normal to feel dizzy 5 days after GA for multiple extractions?

Im so dizzy and when i tried to drive my eyes were so blurry and i struggled to focus.

Please tell me its normal?

I think you need to see someone. You shouldn't be dizzy from the GA 5 days after having it. I think you have been on antibiotics and they can make you feel off it and dizzy. I would go and see either the dentist or your doctor and ask them to check you out. :)

I think you need to see someone. You shouldn't be dizzy from the GA 5 days after having it. I think you have been on antibiotics and they can make you feel off it and dizzy. I would go and see either the dentist or your doctor and ask them to check you out. :)

Thanks carole.

Its not constant dizziness its on and off. Like ill be feeling great and do something and all.of a sudden im dizzy :confused:
Im on two lots of antibiotics and alot of pain meds. Still feeling terribly rough and totally didnt expect this to happen :cry:

Last edited:
Sometimes the after effect are worse than the actual procedure and when antibiotics get involved they can play havoc with us.

I hope you feel better soon, if you don't pick up or are still worried then please see a dentist or doctor. :butterfly:

If you are on opiate pain meds (Percocet, OxyContin, etc.) they can cause dizziness and nausea and it is also not recommended that you drive when you are on them. 5 days post- extractions, you may find that ibuprofen and/or Tylenol (paracetamol) may be enough.

Back