• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

5 days post tooth extraction and can't eat...all sorts of problems!

J

Justwatson

5 days ago i got my front upper molar removed after a big chunk came off. I was expecting a fairly routine extraction but it turned out to have massive roots for such a small tooth. During the extraction I felt my gums splitting and my other teeth were being moved and the whole thing just seemed very messy.
Fast forward to all the problems I've been having. I can barely eat or drink due to the sudden sensitivity of ALL my teeth meaning I cant even chew on the opposite side because of pain. Brushing my teeth is also painful because my entire mouth, tongue and throat start burning. I've lost some sense of taste so everything I eat is bland so it's quite hard to even force myself to eat and I've lost 4kg in 5 days from starvation (I'm 15 weeks pregnant so im really worried about that).

My fiance says my mouth stinks badly and I cant talk without a lisp. The side of my face is still swollen. This is worse than getting my wisdom teeth out.

Are these normal symptoms or does it sound like infection? I don't think it's dry socket as the pain isn't excruciating, just really annoying!!

This is not normal please seek medical help if you haven't already. :butterfly:

5 days ago i got my front upper molar removed after a big chunk came off. I was expecting a fairly routine extraction but it turned out to have massive roots for such a small tooth. During the extraction I felt my gums splitting and my other teeth were being moved and the whole thing just seemed very messy.
Fast forward to all the problems I've been having. I can barely eat or drink due to the sudden sensitivity of ALL my teeth meaning I cant even chew on the opposite side because of pain. Brushing my teeth is also painful because my entire mouth, tongue and throat start burning. I've lost some sense of taste so everything I eat is bland so it's quite hard to even force myself to eat and I've lost 4kg in 5 days from starvation (I'm 15 weeks pregnant so im really worried about that).

My fiance says my mouth stinks badly and I cant talk without a lisp. The side of my face is still swollen. This is worse than getting my wisdom teeth out.

Are these normal symptoms or does it sound like infection? I don't think it's dry socket as the pain isn't excruciating, just really annoying!!

Back