• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

5 year old daughter up all night in agony

M

MaureenJ

Hi, wonder if anyone can give me advice?my daughter has a bad tooth lower back left molar which the dentist said requires a lot of work or removal-she has an abscess there too so waiting for it to go away before work is done. She had a filling on lower right back molar with no injection/no work done he just filled the hole, she has now been up all night complaining of pain in her right cheek(nowhere near the abscess) this happened the last time she had a filling and went on for months, I took her back and there was no visible problems so I am reluctant to take her back again today. Is it possible she is allergic to the filling or could it be nerve damage or something? Feel helpless as I don't know how I can help her and she's been up crying all night :cry: any advice appreciated. Thanx

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

A child up all night crying obviously has something wrong in their mouth. She needs to go back to see them. Don't worry about whether the dentist found something last time contact them and ask for an emergency appointment. It is up to them to take x rays and investigate the problem until it is solved. A child won't stay awake all night over nothing.

Let us know how you get on please :butterfly:

Poor baby! I can't imagine how horrible you felt not being able to do anything to help her! I hope they got it sorted and she's doing better!

Back