• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

6 days after 4 teeth removed (1 & 2 on top and 31 & 32 on bottom both right side of my face)stilpain

G

gregp

6 days after 4 teeth removed (1 & 2 on top and 31 & 32 on bottom both right side of my face)stilpain

Ok so im 24 year old male and I had 1 impacted wisdom which I let go of and pushed so hard against my molar is cracked it and the decay was unfixable, so both of those had to be remove these were #1 & 2 top right. Then directly under them # 31 & 32 also a wisdom and molar, had to be removed as well due to crowding and decay. So, the top set which initially made me go to the dentist due to pain have stopped hurting now 6 days after removal, but the 2 on the bottom have not. Here is just some general info of my case. Both wisdom teeth were erupted thru the gums, the bottom one was only half way erupted, I got sutures in all but the bottom wisdom, the bottom wisdom tooth has been swollen shut since the day after removal, looks more like a cut then a tooth extraction site, and that's the one that I can feel the pain in. I was not prescribe any antibiotics but only 325/5 mg acetaminophen/oxycodone and at that only 16 total for pain. I'm a smoker but didn't smoke for 32 hours after extraction (not the best I know) but use gauze to cover the sockets, also smoking lightly to try to avoid a dry socket (which ive had before) but the pain now is not the same as a dry socket. Ive stuck to soft foods until earlier today when I had some chicken nuggets and frys which to me are fairly soft, the tingle and shorts bursts of pain started a few hours before eating this meal so I don't think that caused it, ive also been rinsing with a combo of luke warm water/hydrogen peroxide/salt also in a syringe to spray the extraction sites, the first few days I got the bubbley look from the peroxide and nothing like that since. The dentist used physics forceps for all the removals, and finally since I let the top 2 troublesome teeth go bad for about a year or so I developed a hunk of skin from my inner cheek that wrapped itself around the backside of the erupted wisdom and my dentist said that's normal in some situations. After saying all that you would think I just call the dentist and have him do a follow up, well he has been involved in a car wreck since the date of extraction and will be hospitalize for the next few weeks and not having insurance or any extra cash he is the only dentist I can go to, so now I cant get a check up. Iam wondering if I developed an infection or is this because of my age? I was told the older you are the worse the recovery the wisdom teeth will be, he said id be in hardly any pain if I was 18 and had it done. Also haad no complications during extraction. With that ill grab some more oraljel and sit back and wait for a response plz and thank you to any who can help!

G

gregp

Re: 6 days after 4 teeth removed (1 & 2 on top and 31 & 32 on bottom both right side of my face)stil

Really nobody answers?

K

kitty purry

Re: 6 days after 4 teeth removed (1 & 2 on top and 31 & 32 on bottom both right side of my face)stil

I'm sorry you are having problems! I'm not a dentist, so I'm not any help.
You could go to the ER, if you do have an infection, you can get a prescription for antibiotics. That would help until you can see the dentist.
Good luck!:clover::clover::clover: